NFL NFL Stadiums Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just reading the AFL GF record and there was an article about the MCC/MCG in there and it mentioned they are chasing an NFL regular season game for next season.

I assume it would have to be the bye week between the last H&A game and the finals or in early Oct straight after the GF. But after the AFL GF wouldn’t please some of the NFL players being mid season.

The article also mentions Accor Stadium in Sydney is also chasing a game…and being a rectangular stadium is in a better position.

Always baffles me that states give billionaires money to increase the team value.

NFL team is worth about 4 bill minimum and yet they need hand outs.
What's the alternative?

Let a city with cash build the stadium and steal the team? Resulting in lower inbound tourism numbers hurting your own economy?

Just reading the AFL GF record and there was an article about the MCC/MCG in there and it mentioned they are chasing an NFL regular season game for next season.

I assume it would have to be the bye week between the last H&A game and the finals or in early Oct straight after the GF. But after the AFL GF wouldn’t please some of the NFL players being mid season.

The article also mentions Accor Stadium in Sydney is also chasing a game…and being a rectangular stadium is in a better position.
Oh god, the thought of NFL at the MCG.

Diabolical.

Bottom tier would almost be unwatchable from (incline would be too shallow, and too far away that you'll just see everyone on the bench) And with the design of the stadium, you'd be too far away from the action.

For all it's flaws, Optus Stadium would have the best sight lines. Too bad it'd be too hard to get too and I doubt they'd pack it out similar to WWE Elimination Chamber.

of the other oval stadiums, Adelaide Oval and Marvel Stadium probably suitable (Adelaide Oval narrower, grand stands closer - Marvel Stadium less seats in the bottom bowl, and the upper levels quite close to the action)

I'd have to look at Suncorp/Allianz to see if they'd be good options as well. I dont know enough about the rectangular stadiums

Well, other than Accor, that can suck it. The stadium was designed with Olympics in mind and is way too far from the action. It's a better oval stadium than a rectangular stadium due to the field and play coming to you in the stands. Too bad being in the pockets suck balls though with the obstructed views

For viewing; I'd Say

1) Optus Stadium
2) Marvel Stadium
3) Adelaide Oval

daylight

4) MCG
5) Accor Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL NFL Stadiums Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back