Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched a couple of youtoobs.

I've been watching/going to games since 1976.

He is comfortably the best I've seen already.

The vision is extraordinary, the game summary in an instant is extraordinary, the gut running is extraordinary, the skills are extraordinary, what he's accomplished at such a young age is extraordinary.

He is the Bradman of his age.

From pies only not better then Buckley or peak Swan yet.

There is some consensus that Pendles is our GOAT, based on his consistently high output over a long period.
Bucks was one of the best I've seen.
Bobby Rose was considered the complete footballer.
Greening could have been the GOAT if he wasn't cut down in his prime.
Ditto Pants.
In a decade or so it will be Nick - no contest.

Bont wasn't better then

Daicos
Cripps
Heeney
Neale

Geez I could argue blokes like Serong and Merrett had better years.

Anyway.....

Well done Daicos just keep collecting those awards.

Brownlow next.

Bont kicked 31 goals for the season as mostly a mid. He is absolutely the MVP of the league.

For example, Heeney is this gun mid fwd who had the season of his career, and kicked 28.

Incoming losers who probably can't walk 10 steps without running out of breath to say Nick doesn't deserve this latest award.
It’s ridiculous the level of hate he gets directed at him by opposition supporters.It’s clearly not a Nick thing but a Collingwood thing.If he played for any other club I’m sure he would be universally respected by all supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s ridiculous the level of hate he gets directed at him by opposition supporters.It’s clearly not a Nick thing but a Collingwood thing.If he played for any other club I’m sure he would be universally respected by all supporters.

I disagree with this. Naicos does play a more skilled game over brute force. Aussies think sportsmen need to be tough and hard to be good. He doesn't suit that narrative.

I disagree with this. Naicos does play a more skilled game over brute force. Aussies think sportsmen need to be tough and hard to be good. He doesn't suit that narrative.
Don't think this holds. Bucks was hated too, Pendles not so much.

I think it's more about how highly he's talked about so quickly. Opposition fans will resent that and then resent it more for being Collingwood.

There might be something to your point in that if you don't look into the stats (clearances, contested possessions), or watch him closely (or at all), he may seem an outside player who's not doing anything special. He makes things look easy, so his ability may be less obvious than say a Bomtempelli or Dangerfield. Pendles was underrated at times for similar reasons.

Back in 2020 I think I underestimated Nick. What is higher than a God?

View attachment 2107999
I never thought I'd ever see a player that gave me as much joy to watch as Peter did - 97 goals as a small forward in a premiership year FFS!!

But geez, Nick is pretty much there. His Grand Final is underrated in my opinion. He was easily second best on ground. That give & go just before half time, the handball of the millennium - he's pretty much there.

I never thought I'd ever see a player that gave me as much joy to watch as Peter did - 97 goals as a small forward in a premiership year FFS!!

But geez, Nick is pretty much there. His Grand Final is underrated in my opinion. He was easily second best on ground. That give & go just before half time, the handball of the millennium - he's pretty much there.

Also in last minute of Game Dropping the Ball to WHE on the Dot

Seriously underrated. A standard performance for him, but in the context of such a big game he delivered in the big moments

• First Goal
  • Single-Handedly creating Crispy’s goal on the siren
  • Mid air handball to Jordy
  • Smart kick to WHE in the last minute

BONUS: Plastic Bag Mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back