Nick Lower

Remove this Banner Ad

the probe

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2007
under your bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
This guy has given us great value so far. A tough, unglamorous, uncompromising big-bodied ball extractor.

I can't remember what we paid for him but he is proving to be excellent value.

This guy has given us great value so far. A tough, unglamorous, uncompromising big-bodied ball extractor.

I can't remember what we paid for him but he is proving to be excellent value.

second round rookie pick. been fantastic for us. always gives 100%, tough as nails and his so called kicking woes havent surfaced. ver happy

He looks the goods, you'd have to think someone else would have given him a chance if we didn't.

i agree, but he was still a 2nd or 3rd round rookie pick though. think we have to consider ourselves lucky that our recruitment department is so freaking awesome :thumbsu:

i agree, but he was still a 2nd or 3rd round rookie pick though. think we have to consider ourselves lucky that our recruitment department is so freaking awesome :thumbsu:

....and that the Suns think they have a 10 year window of opportunity and didn't want a bigger selection of mature bodied players. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but you'd think the Suns would have loved 3 or 4 Lower types from WAFL, SANFL and VFL to give their kids two years to mature and play outside the pack rather than get smashed....oh well, their loss = our gain.

There are only so many times you can get lucky. I think they just know who is going to still be around at the rookie draft stage. It has happened 3 in a row now, at some stage you have to acknowledge it as more than luck. Maybe they are doing the best research in who else is interested and know who they can/can't leave til later.

Simon Lloyd !
icon12.gif

There are only so many times you can get lucky. I think they just know who is going to still be around at the rookie draft stage. It has happened 3 in a row now, at some stage you have to acknowledge it as more than luck. Maybe they are doing the best research in who else is interested and know who they can/can't leave til later.

Wonder if any other clubs have noticed this run from Freo'..??

He's hasn't got the recognition he deserves so far, very good pickup. I know GWS at one stage were in talks with him and were keen to pick him up in the first round of the rookie draft. But they overlooked him and picked up Jonathon Giles, Rhys Cooyuu and a couple of other players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely GWS wont make these mistakes.
An when freo comes to them telling them grab this mature age player for us an we will give u an upgraded pick.
They will say no thx an keep the player for themselves knowing if Freo want him he must be good :)

He's hasn't got the recognition he deserves so far, very good pickup. I know GWS at one stage were in talks with him and were keen to pick him up in the first round of the rookie draft. But they overlooked him and picked up Jonathon Giles, Rhys Cooyuu and a couple of other players.

The ******s passed on their last 1 or 2 rookie picks!?! coulda (read: shoulda) picked up Lower & sewell at least.. Maybe if they could have anticipated the baptism of fire GC is going through they would have given it some more thought.

Even with the best info recruiters have these days, blokes still slip through. It'll keep happening. You never know exactly how they'll go til they're thrown in the deep end.

I just think GCS could have really used Lower and Mzungu. They are at worst decent strong bodies, and maybe more, much more. I think they have over-invested in youth personally. By the time their young players come on they could easily be jaded and damaged goods from the beltings they seem to be destined for. Experiences like that can teach some very bad habits. Mind you, I was impressed with how they came out in game 2 after the first whomping.

When you look at for Brown say, Mzungu and Lower give much better value, better role-modelling, for a longer period of time.

cant believe they would have rather played danny stanley or daniel harris ahead of nick lower

We recruited pretty shamefully when we entered the comp, on the back of a lack of football department resources, and idiosyncratic coaching philosophy. But that is a world away from GCS situation, and they have clearly taken their position quite deliberately.

Mind you, I was impressed with how they came out in game 2 after the first whomping.

Give it another 10 rounds or so and see how they go. Throw in a few 'heart-breaking' loses and it's a pretty ordinary situation for a kid. The kids outside the 25 regular gameday players won't have much to stick around for in 2-3 seasons.

When you look at for Brown say, Mzungu and Lower give much better value, better role-modelling, for a longer period of time.

Campbell Brown? He's a premiership player with decent experience at AFL level. Neither of Mzungu or Lower can say that. Look at it like the Solomon situation at Fremantle, only with more money. Lots more money.

Mzungu and Lower may never make it, Brown already has.

i recon GC will not get out of the hole they put themselves in for a long time. i can't see how young players can develop getting trashed game after game.

He represents good value, but I'm not that sold on him.

He butchered it a few times on the weekend and was a bit indecisive.

I doubt he will hold his spot when Barlow, Ibbo and Mzungu are knocking on the door.

Tend to agree. He's been solid, nothing more than that.

It's a shame his twin wont be playing, would have been a sight to see them go head to head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Lower

Remove this Banner Ad

Back