Nick Lower

Remove this Banner Ad

Me too. I assume that after Barlow everyone has. Maybe that is why the likes of Krak, Bewick, Curnow, etc have been given their chance. It's nice to be ahead of the curve on this one.
Be nice to keep our recruiting team for a few years yet. Wonder if any other club will try to poach them?
Curnow seems to be a decent player.

He represents good value, but I'm not that sold on him.

He butchered it a few times on the weekend and was a bit indecisive.

I doubt he will hold his spot when Barlow, Ibbo and Mzungu are knocking on the door.

He looks like he could be a solid middle tier player, and every team, even premiers need those. He may not be as skillful as those listed but he seems to be hard at it which is a plus.

Twin? I must have missed something

His brother, Ed Lower at North, is his idenica twin I believe.

And I don't think saying "he's been solid" is necessarily a bad thing, what else do you expect from an inside midfielder? They aren't meant to be flashy, as long as they commit 100% to every contest, rack up a decent number of clearances and tackles then they have value to the team- to any team.

Lower looks to be a valuable cog in our new, muscular looking midfield. His work in close and his tackling are first rate. Despite a neat looking kicking technique he does turn the ball over by foot a bit.
After watching each of the three games I came away thinking that Pav was really lost as a midfielder as his disposal was generally ineffectual. However after revisiting the Adelaide game I appreciated more the physical impact he was having in congested play. Lower I think, is part of the strategy to get more strong bodies around the stoppages. He, Pav, and of course Sandi, are are formidable physical combination.

Lower looks to be a valuable cog in our new, muscular looking midfield. His work in close and his tackling are first rate. Despite a neat looking kicking technique he does turn the ball over by foot a bit.
After watching each of the three games I came away thinking that Pav was really lost as a midfielder as his disposal was generally ineffectual. However after revisiting the Adelaide game I appreciated more the physical impact he was having in congested play. Lower I think, is part of the strategy to get more strong bodies around the stoppages. He, Pav, and of course Sandi, are are formidable physical combination.

Agreed, and when you add in McPhee, De boer and Crowley around the stoppages we've certainly gone a long way to disposing of the old "soft" label/conception that we'd carried basically since our inception.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Lower

Remove this Banner Ad

Back