Nightclub "Sherrifis" Ye-Haw

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it true this guy already has an assault charge pending?

If so, several people are guilty of derriliction of their duty.

Firstly, if he does have an assault charge against him why did the first magistrate who heard his other charge not prevent him from continueing as a "crowd controller" as a condition of his bail.

Secondly, why did the pub employ a crowd controller with a pending assualt charge?

Thirdly, why was his licence not suspended pending the hearing of the first charge?

Fourthly, who was the manager at the pub who proportedly gave the bouncers instructions to roam a wide area around the hotel?

If this is true a lot of people should not be sleeping easy tonight as they could have prevented this nutter being in the position he was:mad:

it is a sad situation because of a bouncer with an ego the size of his over inflated head justice should prevail , not that it is any comfort for davids family.

i met the bouncer who had set up winston abraham at the crown car park, i was on holidays and this guy noticed my roos tshirt, he proceeded to tell me how he and his mate bouncers followed winnie to the car racially taunting him and waiting for the inevitable punch up that ensued.

clubs must look through thier books to see where bouncers have come from and background checks. mainly because it is always the innocent who suffer including the bouncers who have a good clean record, just doing there jobs.

Hookes death must not be in vain - there must be a clean-up of one of the most disgraceful industries in Melbourne.

The pub are claiming the security staff were contractors - very convenient washing of the hands.

A 2 week course is totally inadequate, surely criminal checks every 3 months along with regular physchological profiling is necessary.

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk
Hookes death must not be in vain - there must be a clean-up of one of the most disgraceful industries in Melbourne.

change Melbourne to Australia.

or at least i know its just as bad in Sydney.

I work with some absolute tools as a bouncer. A lot of the guys can handle themselves. Im a martial artist and a lot of the guys i used to work with were kickboxers. Make no mistake it is an ego trip for a lot of these blokes to see how tough they are. Of the 30 something guys i have worked with i would say that 4 were good blokes and the rest were thugs.

I have had to intervene several times to stop some of these guys really hurting people. Conversly i have had to intervene to stop the bouncers from getting their arses kicked by guys they have picked on but wouldn't take any sh*t.

Your crowd controllers ticket is too easy to get. Better backround checks and phsycological evaluations need to be implemented. Guys like the bloke that ended hookesy's life should have gotten nowhere near a licence.

Thank god i have a day job. I've pretty much had enough of the security business. I may need the money but some extra cash isn't worth a lot of the sh*t it causes.

The bouncers in Adelaide are a disgraceful lot.

Theres only one club whos bouncer isnt a no neck arrogant moron looking for trouble and thats the guy out the front of Minke Bar.

A close mate of mine has just got into the business (he isnt overly huge....he used to a rower so hes thinish with very strong arms) and he guards a popular Pub down Hindley St and he says a few of his workmates have a running count going on how many people they hit. Terrible to know that isnt it!

Another mate of mine was physically attacked by a bouncer after he walked out of the toilets at Heaven nightclub (simply the worst of the lot for bouncers). He reckons it was a case of mistaken identity but my mate (whos a skinny bastard and wasnt drunk) got picked up and thrown to the ground, the bouncer then dropped his knee into his ribs and then forcefully pushed down on his head with his knee. My mate ended up with a dislocated shoulder and a broken rib and is in the middle of suing the nightclub and the bouncer because of it.

we all have to realize as well that bouncers do cop a fair bit of **** themselves.

the Hookesy situation is one where the bouncer is clearly at fault.

but there are situations where a bouncer is goaded to the point where any reasonably couldn't take it.

but they are supposed to be proffesionalls at what they do, and the only time they should ever be in a position where they need to defend themselves physically is if there is a weapon pulled from someone - in which case they became any other person in society defending themselves.

90% of time if someone is taking it to a bouncer, they are ****ed off their nut. These people are never gonna be a threat to a bouncer, as they're usually barely able to walk let alone do damage to someone who is twice their size.

Originally posted by Black Thunder
but they are supposed to be proffesionalls at what they do, and the only time they should ever be in a position where they need to defend themselves physically is if there is a weapon pulled from someone - in which case they became any other person in society defending themselves.

On New years eve at the Eureka in geelong i had a group of six guys have a go at me. Now i said nothing to these guys. Ive never seen them before in my life. Luckily a couple of the other guys were close by and i got some help. I spent the next 3 hours in the emergency ward at the geelong hospital waiting for the cops to arrive so i could give a statement. Sometimes you have to get physical whether there is a weapon or not.

There is a lot of guys out there who aren't bouncers who are looking to fight just as much. And i admit a lot of the guys deserve it. But when guys like me who do nothing but smile and be polite to all the patrons get caught up in it well that isn't fair on us just like it isn't fair on the innocent patrons who get cuaght up in it.

I worked at the Queens hotel for about 5 years in Perth. Through out this time I saw many bouncers come and go and a few counts of biffo as well.
Half of these guys were tough guy try hards who thought being a bouncer would sit well with their mates and chicks.
But there was one Guy who lasted there for ages because he was so effective. I remember asking him one night about his methods of diffusing trouble and his answer was " start with a smile"
He reckons the best way to prevent trouble was to approach guys who are toey by smiling at them. He said it did one of two things. Firstly it is the quickess method to make someone cool down and secondly it is a bit un-nerving to see a 6-4 110 kg guy smile in the face of adversity.

"Jimi the rat" we used to call him and he had half an ear missing !

Great Guy - unfortunately one in a few

As some have mentioned here (and I also mentioned in one of the Hookesy tribute threads on the Cricket board), something good has to come of this. The security industry needs a massive broom through it.

A story on The Age website claims it takes 2 and a half weeks to get a crowd controller licence.

Like any industry, there are good and bad people in it. In this case it would seem the bad clearly outweighs the good, and that those who do a good honest job are going to get tarred with a very unfortunate brush.

If the story is true that the accused followed Hookesy 50 metres down the road, then he would no longer be on the premises, which could hopefully mean a more serious charge and a sitffer penalty? Let's hope so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by GOALden Hawk

The pub are claiming the security staff were contractors - very convenient washing of the hands.

A 2 week course is totally inadequate, surely criminal checks every 3 months along with regular physchological profiling is necessary.

I don't think the pub will be able to wash their hands that easily. I read somewhere the hotel management had given the bouncers instructions to patrol down the street.

The security company will claim they were just following the managements instructions.

I still say if the original magistrate had done his job properly, then the guy would have been banned from being a bouncer as a condition of his bail for the assault 13 months ago.

Originally posted by Macca19
The bouncers in Adelaide are a disgraceful lot.

Theres only one club whos bouncer isnt a no neck arrogant moron looking for trouble and thats the guy out the front of Minke Bar.

A close mate of mine has just got into the business (he isnt overly huge....he used to a rower so hes thinish with very strong arms) and he guards a popular Pub down Hindley St and he says a few of his workmates have a running count going on how many people they hit. Terrible to know that isnt it!

Another mate of mine was physically attacked by a bouncer after he walked out of the toilets at Heaven nightclub (simply the worst of the lot for bouncers). He reckons it was a case of mistaken identity but my mate (whos a skinny bastard and wasnt drunk) got picked up and thrown to the ground, the bouncer then dropped his knee into his ribs and then forcefully pushed down on his head with his knee. My mate ended up with a dislocated shoulder and a broken rib and is in the middle of suing the nightclub and the bouncer because of it.

How true it is Macca! the adelaide bouncers are *****! HEAVEN is the worst, when my wallet got stolen from the front door, wen i went threw the beepers, and had to take my wallet out and put it in a bowl, i asked the bouncer if he saw who took it, he told me to **** off or there will be trouble, i emailed heaven to tell em bout this and no reply (i reckon the bouncer took it) at NYBG the bouncers jump on ur toes to make sure u dont have steal caps on! thats a discrace, i dnt go out as much anymore as the bouncers in adelaide are ****ers, there is one good bloke that works at the grand, that trys to make everyone feel welcome and even has a joke wif the drunks, but other bouncers are full on ****ers!

I really dislike bouncers, and cops, and do not take any **** off them. Have been in so many blews with bouncers over the years i've lost count, it mainly starts with them being unnecessarily bossy or draconian, me questioning their logic, them asking if i have a problem, me saying yeah you, and then bang it's on. Haven't gone out a lot recently. And don't people think cops are angels either, i've had 10 cops laying into me or a mate behind closed doors and then when i go to press charges they all stick together and lie saying i attacked them. I actually had stepped in to stop a mate getting bashed by them in the first place. One incident of many. But I think the problem has as much to do with the gung ho macho attitude that australia for the most part suffers from than it does the bouncing industry. This country is so tense, over-policed, too many laws, macho, go to india or any one of a hundred other countries and you'll meet truly beautiful people. Similar probs exist in the states and england, it might even be a western world problem.

(much of above is paraphrased, could've written a whole page on this, although very difficult topic to explain given most people think my aggressive nature automatically means i start the trouble and deserve it. couldn't be further from the truth.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nightclub "Sherrifis" Ye-Haw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back