No need to wait 30 days.Say NO tomorrow so members can get on board!

Remove this Banner Ad

thenorthernpole

Debutant
Jun 12, 2007
Australia
The sooner the board rejects the offer to move to the Gold Coast the better.

Waiting 30 days is going to cost north memberships as no fan will be buying memberships if we are moving.

Tell the AFL were to go tommorrow and get ARCH and PONTING down at the club and head towards 30k membership in 08!

The sooner the board rejects the offer to move to the Gold Coast the better.

Waiting 30 days is going to cost north memberships as no fan will be buying memberships if we are moving.

Tell the AFL were to go tommorrow and get ARCH and PONTING down at the club and head towards 30k membership in 08!

Totally agree. Waiting till December is a joke. How the hell are we supopose to have a red hot go when we cant even focus on a bloody membership campaign.

The next thirty days will be very interesting. I'll be buying a copy of every paper every day. I'm expecting lots of big official statements from Demetriou Inc about 'talks' with prospective licensees in SEQ, whilst they unofficially hold emergency talks with the North Melbourne Board and try to convince them to go.

Should this not work, I'm expecting official big statements like 'The ASD is not guaranteed beyond 2009' with unofficial talks with the North Melbourne Board along the lines of 'salary cap concessions and financial incentives up the Yin Yang if you go'.

Should this not work I can't imagine what the AFL will try. But what is certain is that they don't want a stand-alone team up there in the Gold Coast wilderness. They didn't want one in 96, they didn't want one in 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, or 06. They don't want one now.

Perhaps Demetriou really is so arrogant and stubborn that he would put a team up there just to spite North Melbourne and the rest of the competition- to prove how much of a 'Big Man' he is. Such a move would surely be the end of what has been a rather embarrassing saga in the history of AFL CEOs. If he isn't well-liked now, he certainly won't be when he pours every last cent that the AFL made from its telecast-rights deal into the White Elephant that is the Gold Coast, and compromises the competition even further by gifting the artificial team Premierships with salary cap concessions and zoning rights and priority picks and god knows what else.

Yes indeed, we are in for a show.

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to wait 30 days.Say NO tomorrow so members can get on board!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back