No Purple Haze in Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Late hearing about this - just wrote on the Freo Board about it.

Hate clash guernseys as a rule - they are awful and generic. I really like Freo's home strip - Purple is their club colour - they should show-case for their first ever Grand Final.

I'm guessing they've done this to avoid any confusion - but I cant see how there can be any confusion between purple and white with brown and gold.

here is your, and other Vic supporters, problem.

here is your, and other Vic supporters, problem.

Easy for a Sydney supporter to say - as your team is not subjected to wearing them.

The game was played and officiated just fine for over 100 years without clash guernseys. My main beef is with the predominatly white ones - If absolutely necessary clubs should just invert their colours - for instance Melbourne wear mainly red.

This is 100% Fremantle's decision. Blame the "VFL" all you want. I would have preferred them to wear purple too but the Football Manager thought White would be better for some reason

I have no big deal with Freo wearing purple or white, it's a jumper and I am really more interested in my team getting to the ball first.

Common sense decision to me, makes the 2 sides very distinctive.

Maybe it's been asked before, but if Freo was the higher team and insisted on all purple, does the Hawks have an alternative outfit ?. Just interested in the if, buts and maybe's.

This is 100% Fremantle's decision. Blame the "VFL" all you want. I would have preferred them to wear purple too but the Football Manager thought White would be better for some reason

So you would have preferred we wear purple? That's important to me. Honestly.

I have no big deal with Freo wearing purple or white, it's a jumper and I am really more interested in my team getting to the ball first.

Maybe it's been asked before, but if Freo was the higher team and insisted on all purple, does the Hawks have an alternative outfit ?. Just interested in the if, buts and maybe's.
We would have worn white shorts

Where is the clash though? I just don't get it?

Hawks would have worn the same jumper they will this weekend, only with white shorts. The same thing Freo could of (and should of) done with the purple jumper.

Your first mistake is assuming the AFL would stay consistent with their 'highest placed team' policy.

Everyone knows they decide what they want first and then work backwards from there to invent a rationale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the year of the purple teams wearing white on the big day!!!!

superbowl.jpg

Baltimore-Ravens-Super-Bowl-Champions-2013-34-31.png

So that's what Sando's pre-season premonition was really about... :(

Often see our supporters in the white guernsey on game day. I think we identify with both.

The white guernseys look good with jeans. I prefer to wear my 'White Power!'™ on gameday.

But when it comes to onfield I'd take the black every time.

Easy for a Sydney supporter to say - as your team is not subjected to wearing them.

The game was played and officiated just fine for over 100 years without clash guernseys. My main beef is with the predominatly white ones - If absolutely necessary clubs should just invert their colours - for instance Melbourne wear mainly red.

So you should have no problem with Fremantle inverting their colours then.

We would have worn white shorts

apart from the obvious observation that there really isn't any need for white shorts on either team as the full home uniforms as a whole are clearly differentiated, such a situation would've been interesting as HAW have not worn white shorts with the home guernsey at all this year if memory serves me right. they've worn the adidas 'sell out' guernsey for each VIC away game with the white shorts, and they've worn the white guernsey for the interstate games if required.

How did Melbourne storm go in the NRL this year?

they went from predominantly purple jersey in the 2012 premiership year to a predominantly VIC navy blue with much less purple this year. Idiots.

2012 GF - notice the front on Cam Smith and Widdup, and also the back of Billy Slater......purple.
882712-121001s-cooper-cronk.jpg

981038-melbourne-storm.jpg

I do, because its not necessary

white shorts aren't necessary either, but Fremantle play mostly in all-purple or all-white, and rarely in purple jumper white shorts. so when the AFL 'VIC-centric' directive of 'white shorts' was made, Freo made it all-white uniform as they normally do.

VIC clubs may consider the jumper as the only thing that makes up the uniform and the shorts as a generic home & away. Freo obviously view their uniforms as a whole.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Purple Haze in Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back