News Noble confirmed as North HC

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair to say you guys are pretty sad about noble leaving then?
Hopefully he can push North onto the right track.
Clubs not in as bad shape as many on here have commented, and No we're not going to Tasmania lol

I'd much rather he'd stay than leave but we'll survive.
You're definitely not going to Tassie, if you're getting Noble and the reputed assistants after having to pay out a coach early than the AFL is obviously stepping in. Will look on at North's development with interest with Nobes overseeing. You'll be fine.

I'd much rather he'd stay than leave but we'll survive.
You're definitely not going to Tassie, if you're getting Noble and the reputed assistants after having to pay out a coach early than the AFL is obviously stepping in. Will look on at North's development with interest with Nobes overseeing. You'll be fine.
The fact arden st just got a 7mil development grant and we've been allocated funds for further major buildings etc is just more indication that the club is staying put. Some people just like to claim 'North is in the shitter' when the club has basically 0 debt and a steady fanbase while st kilda owes a cheeky 12 million.
Plenty of great young kids coming through atm so with some luck and good coaching from Noble we'll be pushing for finals in a couple of years.

The fact arden st just got a 7mil development grant and we've been allocated funds for further major buildings etc is just more indication that the club is staying put. Some people just like to claim 'North is in the shitter' when the club has basically 0 debt and a steady fanbase while st kilda owes a cheeky 12 million.
Plenty of great young kids coming through atm so with some luck and good coaching from Noble we'll be pushing for finals in a couple of years.
Go read AFL opinions on Lions stuff from 2017 - you'll see something pretty similar negativity about our club being beyond saving. Everyone takes the piss out of most other clubs at different times, but you'll be right.

Tassie is another interesting one - they've got to get a club out there eventually, and they can't really have an odd number of teams. We'll see what happens.

Nobes is a quality manager. Very sensible and diplomatic - you won't get the Brad Scotts about him... He's been football manager here, so hasn't been a "coach" as such, but that's the same as Fages when he came here.

Disappointing to lose such a quality person who was one of the main players off the ground in getting our club back on the right path. I wish David well.
My own view is that while he is head coach he will rely heavily on the likes of Jon Blakey who North wanted to be coach but was more comfortable as an assistant. Noble will be very similar to Fagan I feel. Will get the message across in the right manner - won't be afraid to have to the hard conversation when needed. He will rely heavily on the assistants to help with tactics but he did sit in the box with the assistants at the Lions and would be over everything. They will probably play a similar style/game plan. I'm guessing they will concentrate strongly on contested ball which should suit the Kangas with Cunnington and Anderson.

Be interesting to see who the club now replaces Noble with?

Disappointing to lose such a quality person who was one of the main players off the ground in getting our club back on the right path. I wish David well.
My own view is that while he is head coach he will rely heavily on the likes of Jon Blakey who North wanted to be coach but was more comfortable as an assistant. Noble will be very similar to Fagan I feel. Will get the message across in the right manner - won't be afraid to have to the hard conversation when needed. He will rely heavily on the assistants to help with tactics but he did sit in the box with the assistants at the Lions and would be over everything. They will probably play a similar style/game plan. I'm guessing they will concentrate strongly on contested ball which should suit the Kangas with Cunnington and Anderson.

Be interesting to see who the club now replaces Noble with?
So you're saying he's not very good tactics wise?

Noble has been given three years to get north to a spot where they are a top four team.... good luck with that!!!
Agree its a LOT of pressure but club has some good players coming through.
Take away 2020 where we had 18 players injured at one point (consistently 14+ for most of the year including key players) and North were a 10-14 ranked team.
Its not like the club has won the wooden spoon 5 years in a row or anything.
So with some key drafting and trading finals are a chance. Top 4 is asking a bit much.

Noble has been given three years to get north to a spot where they are a top four team.... good luck with that!!!
They have some decent youth already on the list, to build around.

Bit unfair to put it all on Noble though, if the draft and recruitment team can’t get him the players needed to make the leap up.

There’s certainly clubs currently outside the eight that have better prospects of climbing in to the top four.

Not to mention current top eight sides better placed as well.

I'm sure he is well versed with the tactical parts of the game but it wasn't his role with the Lions. He actually hasn't coached a side since SANFL with Glenelg. So naturally he will rely heavily on assistants to help him in that department like most coaches do including Fagan. I'm sure Dany Daly does a lot of the coaching for the Lions and Fages gets to have the final say. Noble will have his own ideas but he will be very much a teacher type coach who are now in vogue.

Noble is a good appointment.

I'm sure he is well versed with the tactical parts of the game but it wasn't his role with the Lions. He actually hasn't coached a side since SANFL with Glenelg. So naturally he will rely heavily on assistants to help him in that department like most coaches do including Fagan. I'm sure Dany Daly does a lot of the coaching for the Lions and Fages gets to have the final say. Noble will have his own ideas but he will be very much a teacher type coach who are now in vogue.

Noble is a good appointment.

That article is a good read as to how our coaching box works. Like you said, Daly is very important to the tactical side of our game, as well as the individual line coaches.

We wouldn't really know based on his time at Brisbane because that wasn't his role. Noble isn't really mentioned in the above article because he had more of an administrative role (hence his previous path towards being a CEO), he didn't seem to be involved in the match day tactics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy crap, I hope he is resilient enough to not buckle under that level of pressure. Because 2-3 years to get them into the top 4 is just ludicrous.

Well when you have a moderator saying he's been a great contributor this forum, what do you expect.

To be fair to Dylan, he's done a great service to the board keeping the roster pages updated. Doesn't make him a great poster, but he's certainly contributed a fair amount to the board.

To be fair to Dylan, he's done a great service to the board keeping the roster pages updated. Doesn't make him a great poster, but he's certainly contributed a fair amount to the board.
Was Just answering the post about being a troll, if he's organised rosters so be it maybe just stick to that then, as his posting is embarrassing.

Well when you have a moderator saying he's been a great contributor this forum, what do you expect.

Feel free to dig up that quote. If you think that's what was posted, you need to re-read it.

I quite enjoy reading Dylan's posts and I think he's sincere in what he posts at the time.

People need to loosen up and just take it as the extreme end of a range of views . No matter whether completely misguided there's always food for thought there.

We all have different emotional reactions to our support for a footy club. Some people see problems in everything ,others see nothing but blue sky.

It's only a blog with opinions and banter. He seems to take criticism reasonably well, even if it doesn't change his opinion.

Holy crap, I hope he is resilient enough to not buckle under that level of pressure. Because 2-3 years to get them into the top 4 is just ludicrous.

..and if Caro is to be believed, he will have to contend with Glen Archer as well. She said on FC that Archer was a major voice at North etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back