Multiplat Nobody Wants To Die - July 17

Remove this Banner Ad

There was very little info about the game before it was released so it was hard to get an idea what it actually was. I've played a couple hours now and at $34 it's an absolute steal. I think this game is going to unfortunately fly under the radar for a lot of people. At worst I expect the price will reflect the length of the game because there is nothing budget about it. It's on rails but the noire detective theme in a mix of cyberpunk/steampunk setting is done really well and the story and dialogue is pretty cool. First couple hours feels like noire version of the Netflix series Altered Carbon.

This is one of the few UE5 games out and with that we finally get a true test. Firstly it's clear it's a next gen engine and current hardware from console to PC is going to be stressed. I think Lumen needs to mature some more as well. On a 4080 I'm able to leverage DLAA on this game but it smashed my performance. Using DLAA everything was crisp, but the moment I switched to DLSS Quality I could spot the obvious Lumen noise. I'd hate to see what it would be like on Balanced or Performance. Black Myth Wukong will be the big test of UE5 though being a big budget NVIDIA and Epic sponsored title.

Just finished in just shy of 6 hours. Short, but price reflects that. Normally I'm not into games that are very confined and on rails like this but the story was really cool. There are decisions you make which make me wonder how much more I can squeeze out of it with another play through. My ending was pretty grim so I looked it up and apparently there are 4 endings, 3 seem somewhat similar with only one really different (I didn't get this one).

The game is absolutely stunning, well acted, extremely optimised for a UE5 release and if this is going to be the platform that Critical Hit build upon as their first game I'm going to remember the name.

Multiplat Nobody Wants To Die - July 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Back