Nokia 6610

Remove this Banner Ad

-PC28-

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2002
Rockin' In My Rockin' Chair
I have just got myself a Nokia 6610 with the colour screen and what not.

I have put a picture of the wonderful Nathan G Brown on it, and it looks lovely.

However, the stupid operator name is plastered across his face. Is there anyway i can make it disapear, or do i have to be constantly reminded that i am with Telstra?

Originally posted by -PC28-

I have put a picture of the wonderful Nathan G Brown on it, and it looks lovely.

However, the stupid operator name is plastered across his face. Is there anyway i can make it disapear, or do i have to be constantly reminded that i am with Telstra?
Download a logo from the Mobile Fun website. http://www.mobilefun.com.au

Oh for the days when phones were just that - a means of talking to someone if you were home. One of these days they'll find that all the signals whizzing around us (and probably through us) are making us crook.
I do carry a mobile in the car though. Only use it to call the police and ambos after dealing with runners.:)

Originally posted by Fred
Oh for the days when phones were just that - a means of talking to someone if you were home. One of these days they'll find that all the signals whizzing around us (and probably through us) are making us crook.
I do carry a mobile in the car though. Only use it to call the police and ambos after dealing with runners.:)
I carry a mobile everywhere I go to. It's there for emergencies.

Originally posted by -PC28-

I feel your pain. I've got a 6610 as well and have Heidi Klum as my wallpaper, but the blasted Telstra logo obscures her face! there is a function where you can turn the logo off, but only works if you've downloaded one. so I downloaded a tiny logo, however most logos have white backgrounds so it makes it worse! and when I turn the logo off, the Telstra logo comes back!

what we need is a transparent logo that you can download, or one that looks like a dot :D

Originally posted by sussudio
I feel your pain. I've got a 6610 as well and have Heidi Klum as my wallpaper, but the blasted Telstra logo obscures her face! there is a function where you can turn the logo off, but only works if you've downloaded one. so I downloaded a tiny logo, however most logos have white backgrounds so it makes it worse! and when I turn the logo off, the Telstra logo comes back!

what we need is a transparent logo that you can download, or one that looks like a dot :D

You've just given me an idea!!!

PC Suite game with the phone, and you can design logos, i presume they are transparent, i wonder if you can do a dot and iR it through...

Cheers, will try when i get home!! :)

Originally posted by ThePowerFromPort.com
I don't have one, I have a 3315, but I can select a screen saver in my ringtones menu and it covers the telstra text. Perhaps you can select the pic as a screen saver?

As the proud owner of a 3315 myself, I never knew I had one of those. Thanks for pointing that out... and I have had mine for the past several months!

But then again, there are so many hidden features the 3315 has, who knows what we'll uncover next? :D

yer i have a 3315 as well, i think the screen saver is a pain in the arse tho.

what i like about it is the automatic keylock and how u can name ur profile wateva u want so it comes up above ur location.

Originally posted by evade28
yer i have a 3315 as well, i think the screen saver is a pain in the arse tho.

what i like about it is the automatic keylock and how u can name ur profile wateva u want so it comes up above ur location.

The keylock is the scourge of the phone for me, though. I know why it's there, but it makes it difficult for me to make a call, or even to take a call.

Jen thought it would be clever and practical to have it on my phone, but I had it taken off within 24 hours. Drove me absolutely batty... :confused:

Originally posted by you_idiot
As the proud owner of a 3315 myself, I never knew I had one of those. Thanks for pointing that out... and I have had mine for the past several months!

But then again, there are so many hidden features the 3315 has, who knows what we'll uncover next? :D

Well I don't use it, I just know it's there. I bought my kids their own 3315s last week for their birthdays and they started experimenting with different options. Did you know that in your phone book you can select voice tags, record the name of a contact and save it, then when you want to ring them u say their name into the phone while holding down the enter key and it finds the number and rings it for you? I knew the function was there but never looked into it until the kids played around with it on the weekend.

I'm thinking of upgrading to a 6610. Mind you, I only upgraded to an Ericsson T65 6 or 7 months ago thru a Telstra plan, so I hate to think how many extra $$$$ I'm am going to be up for.

Are there any other downsides to this phone besides the Telstra logo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Malibu
Are there any other downsides to this phone besides the Telstra logo?

not really. I have owned a lot of phones, and the 6610 is by far the best Nokia I have used. it's basically got everything bar an integrated camera and bluetooth. the GRPS is super fast, it's tri-band so it works everywhere...even in the US, battery life is good, can't complain about the audio quality and reception, and the design is excellent, not too big like the 3xxx series, or too small like the 8xxx series.

there are a few issues: the colour resolution could be higher...it's not as bright as the Samsung T100 or even the Motorola T720; the keypads can lack depth; and it accumulates dust inside the screen very easily due to the location of the ear-piece and the fact that it has removeable covers.

but the above are just comestic differences. performance-wise, there are no complaints. I recently used this phone overseas and it worked without a hitch, picking up the different Telcos in each country with no problems.

note that the 6610 is exactly the same phone as the 7210, but with a different cover. IMO the 6610 is more elegant while the 7210 is more ostentatious. highly recommend the 6610.

Originally posted by you_idiot
The keylock is the scourge of the phone for me, though. I know why it's there, but it makes it difficult for me to make a call, or even to take a call.

Jen thought it would be clever and practical to have it on my phone, but I had it taken off within 24 hours. Drove me absolutely batty... :confused:

why would it be hard for u to answer a call? u just answer it like u normally do wen the keylock is off :confused:

anyway i find it quite EASY to use lol better then making a million calls while its in ur pocket!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nokia 6610

Remove this Banner Ad

Back