Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Great to hear Nicky was such an inspiration for you.
Not sure about the mission to China, if I was navigator I think people in several other continents would have good cause to be nervous.

Colomb ? Nick was alright, easy to get on with, generous, unjustly vilified by blokes like Tony Leonard although more for comic relief than malice, heart in the right place. Fossie was more intimidating, big bloke, usually easygoing, big grin. His bush club had merged with another. I asked him about it, wished I hadn't.

Last edited:
Colomb ? Nick was alright, easy to get on with, generous, unjustly vilified by blokes like Tony Leonard although more for comic relief than malice, heart in the right place. Fossie was more intimidating, big bloke, usually easygoing, big grin. His bush club had merged with another. I asked him about it, wished I hadn't.
Some fancy footwork there, DM!

The Victoria Park incident was 1993 BTW, not 1973.

Some fancy footwork there, DM!

The Victoria Park incident was 1993 BTW, not 1973.

Here's another great thing that the Sons and Daughters of the West can be proud of. Trugo.
Unfortunately there are no Trugo clubs in Canberra so I'll just have to enjoy it vicariously with stories like this one.

Here's another great thing that the Sons and Daughters of the West can be proud of. Trugo.
Unfortunately there are no Trugo clubs in Canberra so I'll just have to enjoy it vicariously with stories like this one.

I see that it's now at Buckley St, Seddon. I'm sure it used to be on the corner of Ballarat Road and Farnsworth Ave. That's going back a bit, though.

I see that it's now at Buckley St, Seddon. I'm sure it used to be on the corner of Ballarat Road and Farnsworth Ave. That's going back a bit, though.

They played down at Footscray Park a while ago too. Maybe a rebel bunch.

Lawn bowls, golf and croquet. Three of the most boring recreational activities ever invented.

Of course they are in contrast to the exciting activity called Chicago1Ball. I put together, footy, NFL and soccer to invent a new game for my Year 7s almost thirty years ago when I had to supervise sport. I actually called it (My last name) ball. It was played with a nerf American football. I made up all of the rules. I even made up a history and told my boys that my Great-great-great-grandfather, Hiram(My surname), invented it in the late 1880s. They believed every word, just like they believed that Michael Jordan was my third cousin twice removed because I was from Chicago. I know I'm going to hell for all of those lies. :p

Not great outrage about murder of this guy

Let me explain the difference. A former police captain was killed. Just because there won't be widespread protests doesn't mean there is no outrage. I can assure you the the police will work diligently to catch those responsible and bring them to justice. People don't need to protest to demand justice in this case. This is a common straw man argument but I'm afraid it is just not valid.

Let me explain the difference. A former police captain was killed. Just because there won't be widespread protests doesn't mean there is no outrage. I can assure you the the police will work diligently to catch those responsible and bring them to justice. People don't need to protest to demand justice in this case. This is a common straw man argument but I'm afraid it is just not valid.

A man has been arrested and charged with first degree murder. They caught him from reviewing the store video footage. Justice will take time but at least they have a suspect and lots of footage.

A man has been arrested and charged with first degree murder. They caught him from reviewing the store video footage. Justice will take time but at least they have a suspect and lots of footage.
Yep and there lies the difference. Police breaking the law are just not held to the same standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said 'no great' outrage not 'no outrage'. I don't know what evidence you have that there is significant outrage about it. Can't get my head around your straw dog comment. I know people over there are peed if people have any contrary views on the issue so don't want to argue about it and my best wishes to you all having a double or triple whammy of crap over there.

A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man". - Wikipedia

I said 'no great' outrage not 'no outrage'. I don't know what evidence you have that there is significant outrage about it. Can't get my head around your straw dog comment. I know people over there are peed if people have any contrary views on the issue so don't want to argue about it and my best wishes to you all having a double or triple whammy of crap over there.

A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man". - Wikipedia
The informal fallacy in this case is that no one cares about a policeman being killed. Of course that's not true. When Colin Kaepernick took a knee the straw man was that he was disrespecting the flag and the veterans, also not true. Straw men designed to redirect the focus away from the true problem. Right now, to me, it looks like those who want to derail this movement are not being very successful. I have some slight hope that we will get some effective reform. Only time will tell.

Somyurek, eh, what a Turkey !

I watched the first bit of 60 minutes. I stuck it out until half way through Dastyari. Just before I finally turned over to Big Brother, I'm sure I heard him say that Branch Stacking, pitting one ethnic group against another, in the 'burbs, is how it's done in the ALP.

Alright, it looks like, probably is, a troll but I'd be interested in the views of ALP groupies adherents on the morality of branch stacking.

Last edited:

I watched the first bit of 60 minutes. I stuck it out until half way through Dastyari. Just before I finally turned over to Big Brother, I'm sure I heard him say that Branch Stacking, pitting one ethnic group against another, in the 'burbs, is how it's done in the ALP.

Alright, it looks like, probably is, a troll but I'd be interested in the views of ALP groupies adherents on the morality of branch stacking.
Hah yes crap effort but dont think our ALP comrades have a ..... err what is it, mortgage?? on a - holes

Also note:
Branch-stacking isn’t just an ALP thing either. I left that other lot of this issue.

Also note:
Branch-stacking isn’t just an ALP thing either. I left that other lot of this issue.
I think we need a funny meme with every political post. Looks like these guys were in the Silly Party

Are you sure about this bit?
Yes. 2 reasons

1. Dastyari. Perhaps all he's got right.
2. Inner Northern Melbourne. It's rife. Exploitation of Ethnic differences. Then Plibersek, Burke and Wong get up on Q&A and polish their halos on equality
Fossie's expertise with vids is impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back