No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the thing is, no one indicator would work for all sides -...
Yes, I agree with that.
The approach I meant was to start with a hypothesis and develop a set of indicators that would help prove or disprove it. Then go and look at what those stats actually are.

Naturally those stats will differ depending on what your hypothesis is.

Yes, I agree with that.
The approach I meant was to start with a hypothesis and develop a set of indicators that would help prove or disprove it. Then go and look at what those stats actually are.

Naturally those stats will differ depending on what your hypothesis is.
They're journos not scientists :p

Great, thanks. When I first looked at that I thought I'd picked the trifecta but in fact it's the other way around.

Bailey Williams is among our WORST for 1v1s (55% loss rate) along with JJ (no surprise) and Keath. Our best (in order) are Cordy, Crozier and Wood.

Am I reading that right?

Great, thanks. When I first looked at that I thought I'd picked the trifecta but in fact it's the other way around.

Bailey Williams is among our WORST for 1v1s (55% loss rate) along with JJ (no surprise) and Keath. Our best (in order) are Cordy, Crozier and Wood.

Am I reading that right?

Correct.

There would still be issues with the numbers, being in a one on one with Tom Hawkins and Gryan Miers gets treated the same for example. I don’t know how Champion Data treat it if you lose the one on one but your opponent drops the mark. I presume that means you’ve halved the contest when nothing has been done on your part.

Search by average is Interesting...

I found it interesting with the stats from all teams. Carlton had three of the highest six for one on ones, Jones and Weitering were top two and had really impressive loss percentages, and they had the sixth worst score against. Think they’ll need to tweak their defensive system next season.

Correct.

There would still be issues with the numbers, being in a one on one with Tom Hawkins and Gryan Miers gets treated the same for example. I don’t know how Champion Data treat it if you lose the one on one but your opponent drops the mark. I presume that means you’ve halved the contest when nothing has been done on your part.

I found it interesting with the stats from all teams. Carlton had three of the highest six for one on ones, Jones and Weitering were top two and had really impressive loss percentages, and they had the sixth worst score against. Think they’ll need to tweak their defensive system next season.
Any contest where the player doesnt take possession goes down as a halved contest... all this is broken down further though - was it halved due to player error or player intervention etc.

Tips for the other three games? (Is there a Bulldog finals thread?)

Power 9
Tigers 21
Eagles 14

A couple of years ago (I think 2018 when we weren't in finals) someone here started a series of finals tipping comps to keep the interest up eg pick five finals players each and receive points for each goal they kicked.

Tip for tonight: Power by 25
Lions 7
Eagles 16

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t stand him but have to give Selwood credit, been massive tonight. Dangerfield has been shite so Power are in trouble if he gets going too.

Power were fairly good in the first quarter, thought they really troubled Geelong with their spread. Got pantsed in all areas but the scoreboard in the second quarter. Hoping they play better in the third or they’re in big trouble.

High risk alcohol and drug consumption in younger people in Australia has actually declined in the past 20 years so that doesn’t stack up.

Of course people give it up when they’re older because they don’t want to suffer the significant health impacts, but that’s not what you were arguing. You made a generalised statement against younger people when the statistics are the opposite and trends are down from the past.
There are also people who’ve died from drug and alcohol abuse (Or associated health conditions - e.g. getting fat and having a heart attack) who don’t make it to older age.

The data suggests that peak drinking occurred in gen x. We’ve reduced a fair bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back