MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game to watch as a neutral.
Yep. The standard of football was like watching a different sport to the sludge we dish up. Watching North and Suns today, it won’t be long until both of those sides are also levels better than us as well.

Yep. The standard of football was like watching a different sport to the sludge we dish up. Watching North and Suns today, it won’t be long until both of those sides are also levels better than us as well.
Our skills under pressure are a level below now , I hope there is a plan because we have gutted our depth . The good teams are taking the game on with confidence, we sometimes look like being too careful to the point of stuffing it up . To me Goodwin hasn’t evolved with the game . He is a stubborn prick . That we have enough players good enough to scratch out some wins , but that wont last . Be a fluke if we make the 8.

Swans timing their slump beautifully though. Will sort it out over the next few weeks and storm into finals.
Thats two loser clubs they have lost to this year. Really weird. Can put to bed the best team since 2000 Essendon talk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats two loser clubs they have lost to this year. Really weird. Can put to bed the best team since 2000 Essendon talk.
Sheeds would've forced Lloyd to stay for hours after the match to practice if he choked like Logan.

Swans timing their slump beautifully though. Will sort it out over the next few weeks and storm into finals.
Just like we did in 2022 ✅

Have Sydney been actually been called the best team since bombers 2000. Even so pretty silly to overlook Brisbane, Geelong, hawthorn and Richmond.
Someone on one of the fox shows did 5 or so weeks ago, cant remember who.

8/10 years you get someone running with the 'best team since 2000 Essendon'

Only teams that came close was Geelong in 08 and Saints in 09 and both choked at the end.

Fair enough, now that I think about it, I recall this being brought up. It's a really dumb to bring up, bombers were winning every game quite comfortably, probably a 7 goal average at least early on in the season. People forget Terry Wallace basically had to invent flooding to get a win over the bombers because he couldn't think of any other way. Sydney nowhere near that dominant.

Just reading that article I totally forgot essendon beat north by 21 goals in the qualifying final. Was at the game and ran onto the field when Lloyd kicked his 100th. Anyway north were the 4th placed team and essendon put them away like a bottom team. That's dominant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back