MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He definitely overstepped a few times but it's live television with the intention of being edgy, that's kinda the point. If he never stepped over the line, they never would have pushed it and the show would have sucked like everything now.

Jim Jefferies > Carl Barron
Different styles of comedy, I think Carl's wholesome comedy had a certain charm. Only thing that bored me and was lame were his jokes based around different noises he could make.

Different styles of comedy, I think Carl's wholesome comedy had a certain charm. Only thing that bored me and was lame were his jokes based around different noises he could make.
Haha nah he was allright my point being is for every campaigner who likes wholesome comedy there's other people who get a laugh out line pushers like Jim Jefferies. That luxury used to be afforded to anyone, now only people on a stage can say shit without someone crying

Haha nah he was allright my point being is for every campaigner who likes wholesome comedy there's other people who get a laugh out line pushers like Jim Jefferies. That luxury used to be afforded to anyone, now only people on a stage can say shit without someone crying
Yeah, i like savages too, I love Chappelle and Burr. Just think there is room for the wholesome Barron stuff too, not everything has to be edgy to be funny.

Glenn Robbins doing Russell Coight still one of my all time favs.
Mate one of my favourite tv shows of all time. Tried to show some Canadians even but the dry humour doesn't work in north America.

Everytime you knew what was about to happen and I still pissed me self.

Yeah but the whole show was based around Sam. Whether you loved or hated him, people tuned in to hear him be controversial. He said it how he saw it. I mean, the guy amongst dozens of things sat there in blackface and pretended to be Nicky Winmar who didn't show up one night.

Was fantastic in its heyday when you could actually do comedy. Was it controversial and out of line at times, yep, but that's what made it a must watch. Once cancel culture took over, Sam and the show were neutered leaving more footy talk, then people lost interest. All the footy shows now take themselves way too seriously. Where's the fun!?
To be honest I think the decline happened well before cancel culture kicked in. Probably around early 2000s. Cancel culture probably was the final nail.

If Sam Newman was a stand up comedian he'd be fine to say everything he said, because he's not a designated funny person in society he got in trouble. Live television plus his on air persona plus the type of audience meant yeah sometimes he said some ripe shit, but that's comedy. Its not all ****ing Carl Barron lame shit.
Yeah someone like Dave Chappelle is a good example. He is already well established that he doesn't give a ****. The thing is the more cancel culture tries the better views he gets on Netflix or wherever he streams. South park the same they just go for anyone and everyone it doesn't matter. Most people actually want to hear this stuff because they probably agree but are too afraid to say anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I think the decline happened well before cancel culture kicked in. Probably around early 2000s. Cancel culture probably was the final nail.

Yeah someone like Dave Chappelle is a good example. He is already well established that he doesn't give a ****. The thing is the more cancel culture tries the better views he gets on Netflix or wherever he streams. South park the same they just go for anyone and everyone it doesn't matter. Most people actually want to hear this stuff because they probably agree but are too afraid to say anything.

arnold-schwarzenegger.gif

Sam went downhill in public perception when he hitched his wagon to Trump and a bunch of conspiracy theories.
Lol well now he's just an 80 year old man saying shit, I don't get how people can't find him funny and ignore his political views though good or bad. Some I agree with some I don't. Kinda think that of everyone except David King he's just a flog

Sam went downhill in public perception when he hitched his wagon to Trump and a bunch of conspiracy theories.
Hating someone over politics is cringe, both sides are just as corrupt as each other. Who cares what people think the good and bad side is.

Reminds me of one of my favourite comedians George Carlin. He's almost not a comedian just saying it as it is really.

Sometimes Comedians are the most right and accurate people on earth. George Carlin is proof.

A little bit on topic I reckon north get up today. They're in pretty good form and probably should have 3/4 from the past 4 rounds. Gold Coast spanked them in Darwin but don't travel well. Gold Coast a little more experienced but not by too much. No George Wardlaw hurts a bit.
Gold coast are too good a side to not start winning away soon. No better time than now. Intriguing game. If Suns want to be taken seriously they have to win away at least against the lower ranked teams.

Carlin was one of the best comedians on the planet. Translated what most of us really felt. Very relatable. His parts on religion were great too.
Yeah his views on religion was great, though applies more to the usa because they're a bit more religious over there. I wonder what he would have thought about governments over reaction to covid. Would have been interesting based on this sketch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back