Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daicos had a couple of very soft moments yesterday. Doesnt matter how much you do with ball in hand, when its your turn you still need to make tackles/take a hit.

I'll give him a pass this time but he looks tired/sore.

We need to remember he is only 20 years old.

Collingwood would be smart to give him a rest next week. Freshen him up for the run home.

He was right though- goal-kicking accuracy THE determining factor in the game (again!)
They did not win. They where not sitting ducks. In the last quarter Pies 4.5 Blues 4.3. It was 26 shots to 25. You can not say the goal kicking was the exact determining factor even though the Pies ended up 10.16 . 4 of their behinds where rushed.

Last edited:
Good call again :thumbsu:
They had 3 inside 50s first 90 seconds of last quarter for 3 points. Carlton go down the other end twice for 2 goals. Hence I was right bad kicking is bad football.
Cheers mate at least one person here can see ik my facts

They did not win. They were not sitting ducks. In the last quarter Pies 4.5 Blues 4.3. It was 26 shots to 25. You can not say the goal kicking was the exact determining factor even though the Pies ended up 10.16 . 4 of their behinds were rushed.
Clearly didn’t watch third quarter then. 17-6 inside 50s. Facts again provided for the haters. Oh it’s so easy against you guys. Cmon make it easier

They had 3 inside 50s first 90 seconds of last quarter for 3 points. Carlton go down the other end twice for 2 goals. Hence I was right bad kicking is bad football.
Cheers mate at least one person here can see ik my facts

Clearly didn’t watch third quarter then. 17-6 inside 50s. Facts again provided for the haters. Oh it’s so easy against you guys. Cmon make it easier
giphy.gif

Who won ;)
I did watch the third quarter. How many easy set shots did they miss ?
McStay missed an easy one and Elliot from the pocket which was not easy but he has kicked them in the past.
McStay also missed one from the boundary.
The other two where snap shots under pressure. One touched and one hit the post.
The Blues pressure was good all quarter. they where still 20 points up half way through the quarter.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my big take away from the game is that i was 2mp got protected like charlie curnow does lol. he draws so many free kicks that barely any big forwards get paid, very apparent in the last quarter

my big take away from the game is that i was 2mp got protected like charlie curnow does lol. he draws so many free kicks that barely any big forwards get paid, very apparent in the last quarter
Was thinking this too - how different would the Port match have been. Weid would even have got a goal as he was clearly infringed on the goal line early by Aliir and wouldn't have missed from there. Some say we shouldn't rely on umpiring but in a tight comp these things make a massive difference.

Was thinking this too - how different would the Port match have been. Weid would even have got a goal as he was clearly infringed on the goal line early by Aliir and wouldn't have missed from there. Some say we shouldn't rely on umpiring but in a tight comp these things make a massive difference.
happens all the time, it’s hard to mark when you’ve got someone 90-100kg hanging off you like every defender does, should be paid more but that’d screw over a lot of teams

happens all the time, it’s hard to mark when you’ve got someone 90-100kg hanging off you like every defender does, should be paid more but that’d screw over a lot of teams
If it is there pay it. Aliir was particularly overt that night - like he knew he was going to get away with. Maybe the psychology from the defender is - see early on if I can get away with it and if so that is the tactic for the game.

Freo in front at the Cattery!

Hope our coaches are watching.

Edit: Mark Blicavs has done a hammy. Massive loss for the Cats IMO.

Last edited:
Yep, they can ALL play once they get to AFL level. Between the ears often the difference.

Cats bludgeoned the confidence out of us.
Watching the Cats v Freo game with my Geelong-supporting son. "Where was this Geelong when you played us?" I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back