Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know we are s**t but it could be worse. Imagine being a doggies supporter.

How can that side not make the top 4 year after year? It must be so frustrating for their fans with all the talent on their list.
Look at their midfield: Bont, English, Libba, Macrae, Smith, Trelore.

Forwards like Naughton, JUH, Cody duckguy.

Caleb Daniel, Richards and all the Baileys…so much talent in their prime years going to waste.
Yeah their backline needs some work but they waste those picks and cap space on Rory Lobb.
Bonkers
I would take it over our last 20 years, that's for sure.

Buddy retiring, effective immediately.

Can't help but respect him, one of the best there's ever been. What a player.

Probably fitting that his last game was against us, the team he loved playing the most.

Buddy retiring, effective immediately.

Can't help but respect him, one of the best there's ever been. What a player.

Probably fitting that his last game was against us, the team he loved playing the most.
yeah lol, never enjoyed seeing him play against us (and i'm sure this week we'll see the cale hooker chase clip thousands of times) but damn he was an impressive footballer when he was fit

Ending your career because you can’t get a kick on Brandon Zerk-Thatcher is a bit over dramatic, isn’t it?

Oh no and I missed it.
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cale in for a rough week.

You're a pretty good footballer if the worst moment of your career is starting a sprint 5 metres behind the greatest athlete of your generation and finishing it 10 metres behind.

You're a pretty good footballer if the worst moment of your career is starting a sprint 5 metres behind the greatest athlete of your generation and finishing it 10 metres behind.
He didn't give up on the chase, that gets lost on all and sundry, and is something our current team could do well to learn.

Hooker was coming back from a hamstring if I recall. I can't remember but didn't they alter his running gait. All I know is I wanted to kick the shit out of Eddie McGuire taking the piss out of his running action

Yeah, losing to us was the last straw

View attachment 1760841
One upping the swans at their own game.
They kick more but we win.
Or did they one up us by losing but getting the 4pts

Confused.

Go well buddy. Was a privilege to watch him as it was hird, carey and little ablett.

Hooker was coming back from a hamstring if I recall. I can't remember but didn't they alter his running gait. All I know is I wanted to kick the s**t out of Eddie McGuire taking the piss out of his running action
Yeah that’s a reasonable reaction…

Yep.
It'd be harsh to dock them pts to miss finals but it needs to be something severe enough no club does this again
i genuinely believe (and am shocked they haven’t) that the AFL should employ an independent medical officer at each game to prevent this from happening. it realistically won’t happen but it’ll absolutely prevent this from happening again.

if i recall correctly from the game on the weekend at halftime it was mentioned & they (might be misquoting) said that the doctor from port just looked at alfie’s eyes and said he was good to go. shady as ****

Yep.
It'd be harsh to dock them pts to miss finals but it needs to be something severe enough no club does this again
I think they'll mandate that Port finish 9th, take away their F1. This is as serious as our screw up a decade ago.

there needs to be a serious ******* punishment for this, ridiculous
They obviously didn't want 2 players out. With the scrutiny on concussions plus former players compo claim, Wally Lewis etc, they completely misread the room.

Shouldn't happen and we will see independent doctors soon IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back