Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

As if sports journalism in this country isn't a steaming hotpile of sauce as it is, some media outlets are using Reid's name in that video when it clearly CLEARLY is Bailey Williams. Unless ive missed something, BW was one of the players backstabbing Simmo

I absolutely loved the whack Simpson gave the West Australian media in his press conference. Childish beyond belief in this country
It's horrendous the way they target and feast on someone. Then the ridiculous front page today to cap off a guy who won a premiership which was outstanding given they are a Perth team playing Collingwood on their home ground in a GF. Not sure if we are on the lookout for an assistant or if he is in the head space but think he would give us something. I remember watching North at Subi when he was playing and he was the general organising the players. Then in 2015 when they lost their KPD's I am pretty sure it was he who developed the web that got them to the GF.

What is the issue between Bailey Williams and Simpson?
If he actually did say something to williams (it's not really that clear cut in the video) then I would assume Williams is one of the players who allegedly texted journos in WA to refute Oscar Allen's public statement that Simpson had the full support of the playing group.

Just a little late but hot take on the Heeney incident

Absolutely should be suspended. It’s high and hard, yes the head was a bit lower than usual but if you don’t know exactly where someone’s head is perhaps don’t swing your arm back hard.

More than anything, I don’t think that action is a fend. A fend is a push. Maybe if ok to slap the defender’s arm away. But a backwards swinging elbow or closed-ish fist is actually a strike, even if it hits the torso.

Light strike to the torso ..that’s fine.. or a fine.

But in this case it’s a strike to the head.

Can’t believe the hoo haa about it.

Just a little late but hot take on the Heeney incident

Absolutely should be suspended. It’s high and hard, yes the head was a bit lower than usual but if you don’t know exactly where someone’s head is perhaps don’t swing your arm back hard.

More than anything, I don’t think that action is a fend. A fend is a push. Maybe if ok to slap the defender’s arm away. But a backwards swinging elbow or closed-ish fist is actually a strike, even if it hits the torso.

Light strike to the torso ..that’s fine.. or a fine.

But in this case it’s a strike to the head.

Can’t believe the hoo haa about it.
What a load of crap, if that was an Essendon player, you'd be going off your nuts.
I'm guessing you've never played football or your name is Dean.

Nic to see Sydney having a sook over Heeney. Merrett for Brownlow?
Hopefully I’m wrong but I’m expecting the appeal to succeed and the AFL to make some unhappy noises in public while patting themselves on the back behind closed doors for averting potential Brownlow night controversy

Yep it's ok too throw a backhander to get seperation from your opponent. They are saying he was pushing of. First player to push off I've seen in a round house manner

First player to break his hand hitting his opponent in the head behind play and have his opponent investigated by the MRO.

Never seen this before (did know of it however). This is so so so bad. The mentality to put time and effort into creating something so inane is incredible. It’s neither funny or in any way interesting. I had to skip through most of it but persisted in order to have some justified perspective on it. You look at Simpson the statesman now and wonder how he’d find it amusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never seen this before (did know of it however). This is so so so bad. The mentality to put time and effort into creating something so inane is incredible. It’s neither funny or in any way interesting. I had to skip through most of it but persisted in order to have some justified perspective on it. You look at Simpson the statesman now and wonder how he’d find it amusing.
He was being portrayed as squeaky clean, a “gentlemen” etc… I think he may have even been captain of the club at the time.

from memory Brayshaws response on the Footy Show was cringe, not really setting a good example as President.

Wait what Adam Simpson made this?

People change as they grow up….

Would Buckley take up the coaching job of West Coast?

He might have a desire to build a club up from the ground-up rather than take over a recent premiership side this time around, however, the scenes of 2018 might still be bittering.
Doubt he would want to relocate and give up his cushy media gig.

Stranger things have happened though I guess.

I am very much hoping for Peter Sumich.

How did BZT/Margaret not get suspended for concussing Aaron Naughton??
Raised an elbow to block his run, Naughton gets subbed out.
Just so inconsistent when you see what our players have be suspended for.

How did BZT/Margaret not get suspended for concussing Aaron Naughton??
Raised an elbow to block his run, Naughton gets subbed out.
Just so inconsistent when you see what our players have be suspended for.
He changed his jumper in the off season

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back