Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Campbell Brown is one of the fakest “tough guys” of all time.

Yeah, you're right... It was a pointless aside... Who gives a rat's arse about Campbell fricken Brown? 🤣

I was mostly interested in reading through the thread and seeing all the anti-Mitchell vitriol. Quite funny how you've all made him the central character in this Ken Hinkley post-match bullshit.

What's he actually done this time around to warrant the abuse? It was all pretty measured. He defended the captain for fronting Hinkley, knowing full well the arse-hats in the football media would probably try to pile on Sicily like they always do. Then he basically shut down all further questions. He was not interested in continuing that line of discussion. Ask him about the game. Ask him about the season.

Good stuff, I thought. Well handled.

Mitchell really did touch a raw nerve when he gave a couple of your niggling defenders that "needle jab" sledge back in 2015

It was almost 10 years ago! Wow! Talk about holding onto a grudge... :eek:
I better stop posting now, just in case I say the wrong thing and get in your bad books... :p
did not read a single word bro

Yeah, you're right... It was a pointless aside... Who gives a rat's arse about Campbell fricken Brown? 🤣

I was mostly interested in reading through the thread and seeing all the anti-Mitchell vitriol. Quite funny how you've all made him the central character in this Ken Hinkley post-match bullshit.

What's he actually done this time around to warrant the abuse? It was all pretty measured. He defended the captain for fronting Hinkley, knowing full well the arse-hats in the football media would probably try to pile on Sicily like they always do. Then he basically shut down all further questions. He was not interested in continuing that line of discussion. Ask him about the game. Ask him about the season.

Mitchell really did touch a raw nerve when he gave a couple of your niggling defenders that "needle jab" sledge back in 2015

I better stop posting now, just in case I say the wrong thing and get in your bad books... :p
Mitchell is a flog. Both in his playing days and now. He dishes it out but can't handle it back.

Don't forget Campbell Brown was sacked by Gold Coast after he punched out his teammate Steven May. He gave him a broken jaw after they got into a blue outside of a night-club in LA. A piss poor act by Brown, but I'd like to see you guys take on Steven May in a street brawl!

I loved Browny during his early years at Hawthorn. He was never the sharpest tool in the shed, but he did some of the most insanely courageous acts I have ever seen: fearsome attacks on the ball, backing into packs, playing with injuries, etc...

He also made a bad reputation for himself as a sniper with a series of elbows, strikes, bumps. He regularly went after the opposition, liked to throw his weight around and never shirked from the physical contest. Whether you like it or not... he WAS a hard man.

I know you guys like to giggle about his WWE-style posing in the 2009 game and the pointless slap he gave to Monfries. But this occurred after part-time boxer, Nathan Lovett-Murray clobbered him with an overhand right during the Q3 brawl. I don't think Brown was thinking too clearly after that!!! 🤣

Bottom line, Browny was an underrated footballer before the accumulated injuries caught up with him and his body fell apart. He was 2007 All Australian when he played as an undersized 5'10" CHB and he took on (and beat) all the gun CHFs.

He was a key member of the 2008 premiership team. He kicked an incredible 60m goal in the GF before he was swung back to CHB on 195cm Cam Mooney after Trent Crowd went off with a broken foot.
I prefer to think of him as a grub. if that's Hawthorn tough then you can keep it.

Don't forget Campbell Brown was sacked by Gold Coast after he punched out his teammate Steven May. He gave him a broken jaw after they got into a blue outside of a night-club in LA. A piss poor act by Brown, but I'd like to see you guys take on Steven May in a street brawl!

I loved Browny during his early years at Hawthorn. He was never the sharpest tool in the shed, but he did some of the most insanely courageous acts I have ever seen: fearsome attacks on the ball, backing into packs, playing with injuries, etc...

He also made a bad reputation for himself as a sniper with a series of elbows, strikes, bumps. He regularly went after the opposition, liked to throw his weight around and never shirked from the physical contest. Whether you like it or not... he WAS a hard man.

I know you guys like to giggle about his WWE-style posing in the 2009 game and the pointless slap he gave to Monfries. But this occurred after part-time boxer, Nathan Lovett-Murray clobbered him with an overhand right during the Q3 brawl. I don't think Brown was thinking too clearly after that!!! 🤣

Bottom line, Browny was an underrated footballer before the accumulated injuries caught up with him and his body fell apart. He was 2007 All Australian when he played as an undersized 5'10" CHB and he took on (and beat) all the gun CHFs.

He was a key member of the 2008 premiership team. He kicked an incredible 60m goal in the GF before he was swung back to CHB on 195cm Cam Mooney after Trent Crowd went off with a broken foot.
So he punched May when he was full of dutch courage and he was a sniper who elbowed people. What a hard player.

Brown v. Melksham is what I'd like to see.

Mate you give me some trophy for great posting, then a minute later you ban me for a week. I used to date chicks that sent me clearer signals than bigfooty

BigFooty is easy. Either don't be a flog, or if you're going to be a flog, be funny. Isn't that right dank420_

I thought he looked unhinged to be honest.

Reckon poor little Ginni is going to see Sams more nasty side behind closed doors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon he roughed up a young Travis Varcoe in the 08GF and punched a 20yr old concussed Winderlich who was leaving the ground.
"Matty Lloyd is a sniper" says the bloke with the least self awareness in the game
(to be fair Lloydy was pretty bad with cheap shots in last few years of his career, largely due to frustration of numerous injuries and a flatlining team, but I would take that criticism from anyone but the king of cheap shots in Brown).

Oh when much older man Campbell Brown knocked out 21 year old May?

So he punched May when he was full of dutch courage and he was a sniper who elbowed people. What a hard player.

Brown v. Melksham is what I'd like to see.
It's not about who can beat who in a fight. But if it was, the funniest was Brown's crying face on the papers after he tried to be the tough guy in the sewell match, ran into the melee and was dispatched out the other side looking much worse for wear in seconds flat by NLM.

Can't conceive a less deserving bloke to win a premiership medal than Brown. Puts the Poo in Poos n' Wees, real POS.

That being said, would've loved to see the lifestyle dynamic play out whilst Brown and GAJ were at GC together.
Didn’t Junior have his own god squad while at g.coast ?

Hey Word Salad, thanks for making an effort. In the Essendon chats, we like to support the disabled. Especially after the paralympics - man they were inspiring.

So I used ChatGPT to try to get a summary of your written diarrhea, unfortunately it came back, “don’t bother”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back