Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

An hour before the B&F. Both Libba and Bont have unfollowed him on Insta (apparently that's bad according to the kids these days)

But seriously I genuinely feel like players have forgotten themselves. Yes they only have a short amount of time in the game if they’re lucky but is it that hard to show some class or respect? This is a textbook example of how not to leave your club.
Smith has been very blase about 2025 & Geelong when asked and they've (Geelong) have hardly covered themselves in glory here parading him around like an already signed player.

The AFL is a small competition and clubs don't forget. Just abysmal business dealings all in all.
I would have thought they'd have enough PR training from the club and wise enough mentoring/instruction from their manager to know better.

Libba comes across as a real flog and loose unit himself but is in the clique that gets looked after by the club (Im guessing because of the name and maybe also because of the school he went to). As one of the more senior players in the team he should grow up.

This Clayton Oliver stuff reminds me of the Stringer leaving Whitten Oval drama to a degree.
The leaking of info to journos, potentially lessening his trade value...is it Pert doing this?
Melbourne publicly at least are playing a straight bat and saying he is a required player, not trashing him like Bevo did then still expecting a high pick.

31yr old Luke Parker has requested a trade to North.

Good to see they're still a destinaton club for used and unwanted players

Disgraceful speeches & thoroughly disrespectful from both men.

They already have the talent on the list, they have slowly got the off field stuff sorted next is to lift the standards, he's the perfect get.
Their trajectory looks really really good for a nice sustained run of success

They already have the talent on the list, they have slowly got the off field stuff sorted next is to lift the standards, he's the perfect get.
Their trajectory looks really really good for a nice sustained run of success
I've been thinking similar. It's sickening, isn't it?

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Boys

Happy for him....

I've been thinking similar. It's sickening, isn't it?

I think it's a good story if they can turn it around and become a powerhouse again.

But yeah if you hate north it would be pretty upsetting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lot of love for Joe, I can’t really get around it.

All about how “he’s walked out on a huge contract” like it’s totally selfless.

I mean, they pay him for a reason. He is part of the team and they need him to be at their best.

What is wrong with, ya know, fulfilling the contract you signed?

They’ve got a flag to win next year, just like many other clubs.

Brisbane will be absolutely spewing. Loved walking out on a contract.

I think it's a good story if they can turn it around and become a powerhouse again.

But yeah if you hate north it would be pretty upsetting
It's not hate for North, it could be any club doing it the right way and (most likely) waving at us as they go past.

Lot of love for Joe, I can’t really get around it.

All about how “he’s walked out on a huge contract” like it’s totally selfless.

I mean, they pay him for a reason. He is part of the team and they need him to be at their best.

What is wrong with, ya know, fulfilling the contract you signed?

They’ve got a flag to win next year, just like many other clubs.

Brisbane will be absolutely spewing. Loved walking out on a contract.
Joe doing Joe.

This will be swept under the AFL's rug regardless of the outcome, but apparently the Bulldogs have now made an official request for the AFL to look further into the connection between Bailey and Cotton On dating back to the original signing date. This will potentially blow up in a huge way with the potential for the club to take it further through the legal system not the AFL itself.

Law is not my area of expertise but essentially the belief is that Geelong have been paying Smith via a third party whilst he was under contract at the dogs in a sort of handshake deal that he would seek a trade at the end of the contract, thus breaking the terms of the contract. Things are going to get very, very messy.

This could expose Geelong quite badly as they've had Geelong players doing bogus jobs at Cotton On for years. My wife's friend worked at their Head Office and knew of several players in positions at Cotton On who didn't have any real role other than sitting in an office on their phones for a couple of hours a week.

They've been rorting the salary cap for years. The AFL knows and have turned a blind eye to it. Wonder if that will continue now.
If past experience is anything to go by, 34 Essendon players will be banned to take the fall for Geelong.

I don't get the point of a salary cap. Stars just get paid with contrived sponsorship deals so it's a waste of time. Just one more act for equalisation that gets rorted leaving the situation as "unfair" as it was in the beginning.

And then there's the draft which is so compromised we may as well just ignore ladder positions.

Yet they were happy to take Tom Lynch from the Suns for a couple of flags. Get over it, you’ll get the draft collateral in return.
Plus Caddy, Nankervis, Prestia, Grigg and Houli. But who cares about Ninethmond.
He sounds like a bigger goose than some of our presidents and has obviously jumped on the bandwagon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back