Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Lions will win easily.

They took the foot off the pedal in the last against us. If that was a serious hit out they would have won by 60 plus.
Brisbane are mentally weak. Forget the game against Essendon. They threw away a top 4 spot by choking to Collingwood and GWS in successive weeks. Thankfully Carlton need to travel to Sydney if they happen to pass Brisbane and they won't win that one. Carlton are no threat this year because they would likely need to win 3 away finals to make it (if Port beat Geelong which is likely).

I'm far more concerned about Hawthorn winning against Bulldogs, though I'm glad they play Bulldogs over Brisbane, Carlton and Fremantle.

That's enough from Longmuir, now, isn't it?

Freo has been rebuilding since 2016. The first iteration didn't materialise because they lost so many of those players. So they're working from the 2019 draft.

Longmuir has had them in the finals once since he started in 2020.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's enough from Longmuir, now, isn't it?

Freo has been rebuilding since 2016. The first iteration didn't materialise because they lost so many of those players. So they're working from the 2019 draft.

Longmuir has had them in the finals once since he started in 2020.
Clubs might be looking at the lack of interest in the Wet Toast coaching gig and becoming a bit wary of sacking coaches willy nilly

I missed the part where squad meant AA

Was always going to be given the nod in the extended team due to the hype as an underdog in an underdog team of rag tags but fact of the matter is Hawks have only beaten one team in the top four (won and lost V GWS) and have only played three top 8 teams in the last 3 months (bloos don't count) and have lost twice, and he's been poor against those sides when the team was down. True analysts wait to see good consistent performances against good sides before using a player as a standard.

Last edited:

Was always going to be given the nod in the extended team due to the hype as an underdog in an underdog team of rag tags but fact of the matter is Hawks have only beaten one team in the top four (won and lost V GWS) and have only played three top 8 teams in the last 3 months (bloos don't count) and have lost twice, and he's been poor against those sides when the team was down. True analysts wait to see good consistent performances against good sides before using a player as a standard.
This year they’ve beaten Dogs, Lions, Giants and Blues ..so four wins against top 8 sides. They lost by 1 point to Port and two points against Giants.

They beat Freo and Pies recently …if they lost to either then those sides also would have made the eight. Plus they’ve not just won a lot of games they’ve thrashed quite a few

just take the L on this one - he’s been very good for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back