Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Or Gawn or Xerri or Sean Darcy or De Koning or Briggs or Grundy or really any other ruckman I can think of. But apart from that totally deserves his spot!
Well Gawn and Xerri were selected, Darcy and De Koning missed a lot of games. I wouldve selected Briggs but personally thought Grundy was overhyped at start of year and fell off quite badly by end of year.
Grundy and english have really been impacted by the new ruck rules.

Some quick stats for Darcy Cameron, amongst Ruckman he's (average per game):
9th for disposals
12th for hitouts
5th for marks
17th for goals
24th for tackles
23rd for i50s
15th for goal assists
12th for contested possessions
21st for marks i50
16th for clearances
17th for metres gained

2nd for intercepts
2nd for contested marks

I can only assume they weight intercepts and contested marks very heavily.

Some quick stats for Darcy Cameron, amongst Ruckman he's (average per game):
9th for disposals
12th for hitouts
5th for marks
17th for goals
24th for tackles
23rd for i50s
15th for goal assists
12th for contested possessions
21st for marks i50
16th for clearances
17th for metres gained

2nd for intercepts
2nd for contested marks

I can only assume they weight intercepts and contested marks very heavily.
Im being a tad facetious but I think we would be in a much better spot if we valued contested marking as a key attribute for our ruckmen

I could only put it down to meeting the Collingwood quota in the AA squad (that and Buckley being on the panel). Absolute joke. Might as well get Billy Frampton in to join him.

I think Hawkes lose to dogs, but doesn't take away from a good season for them, won 14 games and played good footy in the final 6 rounds of the season, last time we won more than 12 games was a decade ago I think.
My thinking too. I think they would have beaten all of Fremantle, Brisbane and Carlton but are unlucky to play the Dogs who should beat them.

Still, their percentage of 118% is 9% higher than our best percentage in 23 years (109% in 2021). 14 wins also equals our highest wins during that period which we only achieved once (2013). Only year we won more than 12. We'd have to go back to 2001 for a better percentage and more wins.

That's why I don't disregard their achievements this year.

Looking at the flag I think I have to go for Geelong.

2. Brisbane- Joe and McKenna

3. GWS- 1st flag

4. Port - they annoy me but not as much as the next lot

5. Bulldogs- something about them bother me(maybe because they nearly always beat us).

6. Sydney- campainers

7. Dawks- bitter rivals even if it has probably lessened due to both teams sucking

8. SCUM- no explanation necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3. GWS- 1st flag

5. Bulldogs- something about them bother me(maybe because they nearly always beat us).

6. Sydney- campainers

7. Dawks- bitter rivals even if it has probably lessened due to both teams sucking

You want Joe to win a flag?

thought he had a pretty decent year but not as good as Marshall
Marshall is stiff.

Cam Raynor selection is perplexing. I remember watching his poor form/ inconsistency being discussed on at least one footy panel show earlier in the year. Statistically he was only very slightly better than last year. Definitely a fair bit of recency bias.

I know many disagree but I have no issues with him. We dudded him as much as he dudded us.

Brisbane, Sydney, Giants are three I don't mind. Dogs and Cats don't care. I never really liked Port since Cornes and Brogan were bloody thugs but I'd rather them than Hawthorne or the Scum

Yup!

He has been particularly injury free since leaving our rabble.

He also tried to go leave earlier, of course, and gave Dodo and co MAXIMUM time and opportunity to get MAXIMUM return for him.
It's not Joe's fault Dodo ****ed it up(AGAIN) and we only got one pick for him.

We could have got more than 1 compensation pick for Joe and again, that's not his problem.

Yup!

He has been particularly injury free since leaving our rabble.

He also tried to go leave earlier, of course, and gave Dodo and co MAXIMUM time and opportunity to get MAXIMUM return for him.
It's not Joe's fault Dodo ****ed it up(AGAIN) and we only got one pick for him.

We could have got more than 1 compensation pick for Joe and again, that's not his problem.
Therein lies my main gripes with Joe. Don't blame him for wanting out. But from all reports he didn't really try his hardest to get back on the field for us in his last 3 seasons.

Well Gawn and Xerri were selected, Darcy and De Koning missed a lot of games. I wouldve selected Briggs but personally thought Grundy was overhyped at start of year and fell off quite badly by end of year.
Grundy and english have really been impacted by the new ruck rules.
What rules are they?

3. GWS- 1st flag

6. Sydney- campainers

Giants for mine,
Followed by cats for the story and as another marker for their excellent football program.
I'd like hawks to go on a good run, enjoyable style and would be good reward for good management and coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back