Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Rampe will probably not be suspended because it's fairly unlikely that action would get an intentional conduct charge, which means it will need to be medium impact, not low impact, to get a week's ban. Given Butters got up without any fuss, played out the game, etc, that seems fairly unlikely. Careless/low/high is a fine. And it's probably 50/50 if it even makes it that far.

If they grade it as intentional/low/high, that would be a ban, and so it would turn into a straight question of whether there's enough impact for it to be cited by the MRO. But I think there's probably more chance of Jake Stringer getting a three year deal than that happening.

I like Ken Hinkley.
Was an excellent half back flanker in the late 80’s early 90’s who I enjoyed watching play.
Has done really well to get them consistently finishing high on the ladder.
If he was to leave (it probably is time for him to leave) I would be happy to get him in some sort of Mark Williams type role, developing our 1-4 year players. Did he do something like that at the cats at one stage?
Port was a basket case when he took over and he has done a good job overall.

They're almost unstoppable when on, but outside Drew none of them defend well so can get opened up a bit if they're a bit off their game.
Butters is an effective tackler and JHF not bad. I had not realised JHF was related to Fabian Francis until last weekend when FF was in the PA rooms. PA's defence was OK this year - fell apart after the team lost Houston and and Farrell. Burgoyne was very handy last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butters is an effective tackler and JHF not bad. I had not realised JHF was related to Fabian Francis until last weekend when FF was in the PA rooms. PA's defence was OK this year - fell apart after the team lost Houston and and Farrell. Burgoyne was very handy last week.
Ah sorry I meant more with positioning at stoppages and to lesser extent two way running (havent paid as much attention to that so cant say for sure).
Other than Drew they're really aggressive with their positioning and run forward too early when they get first hands on ball at a stoppages.
I think it was called out against hawks by the commentary team, butters was playing sweeper role at back but as soon as jhf touched ball he sprinted forward....but jhf fumbled and the hawks swooped and had a clear run into their 50. It's basically what port did to us!

Fabian is his step dad. Not a blood relative but I believe JHF sees him as his father.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back