Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

When can we be in a grand finallllll

kid-mad-frustrated.gif

d.jpg

I had to listen to most of the second half on the radio (Triple M). They were suggesting Holmes hamstring might have been all in his head after what happened two years ago? Didn't want Geelong to win but feel really sorry for him if that was the case.

I'll say it again, AFL players need to look to the US and realise just how much can occur in the last few minutes of a game. They panic too much when there's time on the clock. US sports people tend to know how much you can do in just a few seconds.

And yes the clock not counting down makes a difference

There is no sport as chaotic as footy n the states. All their sports are much more controllable.
Yeah in the US ring able to take time outs makes a big difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to listen to most of the second half on the radio (Triple M). They were suggesting Holmes hamstring might have been all in his head after what happened two years ago? Didn't want Geelong to win but feel really sorry for him if that was the case.
How the hell would they know?

In a way it seemed like Geelong were suffering too many injuries/niggles to important players which, even if they pulled off the win, may have given the Swans a walk up start to the flag. So Brisbane winning has probably ensured that it's two relatively healthy teams going at it. Of course I might've jinxed it but it is what it is.

Joe is going to play in a flag. Ashcroft's footballer brain was faster than anyone elses, same last week when he dragged them back into it. Brisbane played him coming off an ACL without a reserves match earlier in the year showing how special he is viewed. Last year when he first started I was amazed by his ability to regularly put it to teammates advantage when he had only a split of a second to make a decision.

Joe is going to play in a flag. Ashcroft's footballer brain was faster than anyone elses, same last week when he dragged them back into it. Brisbane played him coming off an ACL without a reserves match earlier in the year showing how special he is viewed. Last year when he first started I was amazed by his ability to regularly put it to teammates advantage when he had only a split of a second to make a decision.
The scary thing is tat there will be two of them next year.

Saw a cats supporter mate today, was heading in with a crew of 8 tonight.
Wasn’t just banking the W tonight but needed to let everyone know that cats would make Swans GF choke again next week…

Happy days…

Although still hoping for a swan gf choke.

Saw a cats supporter mate today, was heading in with a crew of 8 tonight.
Wasn’t just banking the W tonight but needed to let everyone know that cats would make Swans GF choke again next week…

Happy days…

Although still hoping for a swan gf choke.
They sound as smug as half of their players look. Brisbane was the lesser of evils remaining after Port got knocked out.

In a way it seemed like Geelong were suffering too many injuries/niggles to important players which, even if they pulled off the win, may have given the Swans a walk up start to the flag. So Brisbane winning has probably ensured that it's two relatively healthy teams going at it. Of course I might've jinxed it but it is what it is.

Yep. Geelong wouldn't really stand a chance without Danger and without Holmes at his best.

It's another year where I'm going to find the premier seriously underwhelming.

I'm still eying off a Geelong in 2026 (possibly even next season but I think it might take a few key pieces 6 months longer than next season to hit their straps). In some ways they were a 50 game Neale away from getting the result tonight. He just needed to pull down a few of those marks which he spilled. Only problem with 2026 is Danger can, surely, not still be at this level.

Did anyone else notice that he torched Neale every time their paths crossed? He's probably the most amazing athletic specimen to have ever played the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back