Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Handy is not really NS worthy, is it?
lohmann was influential in the first & second, then disappeared in the third before getting his fourth in the last. ashcroft played a solid four quarter game & deserved to win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lohmann was influential in the first & second, then disappeared in the third before getting his fourth in the last. ashcroft played a solid four quarter game & deserved to win
My point is that Lohmann had impact when the game was really on the line. Again, the value of possessions is determined by the context.

A pity to think Daniher, McKenna, McCluggage and Dunkley are at Brisbane celebrating a flag. All 4 could have been with Essendon and it makes you wonder what/if any difference that would make to us.

They won a flag because the rest of the team is class/structured well. All 4 bar McClug walked into a team that was already contending. Apples and oranges.

My point is that Lohmann had impact when the game was really on the line. Again, the value of possessions is determined by the context.
both can be true, lohmann got 1 vote which means he was at least recognised. i think that starcevich absolutely deserved to win it, played fantastically all game, kept one of the best small forwards in the game to 1.1 and had little effect on the game. i just think ashcroft tore the game apart when it was on the cusp of breaking even and demonstrated just how high his skill ceiling can be. Ah Chee & Neale were the other players in the votes.

both can be true, lohmann got 1 vote which means he was at least recognised. i think that starcevich absolutely deserved to win it, played fantastically all game, kept one of the best small forwards in the game to 1.1 and had little effect on the game. i just think ashcroft tore the game apart when it was on the cusp of breaking even and demonstrated just how high his skill ceiling can be. Ah Chee & Neale were the other players in the votes.
Fair point. But Ashcroft got 13 votes which suggests that the judges (as a collective) thought his game was 13x better than Lohmann's game. Don't think so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back