Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane win a premiership and get pick 1 in the draft with Ashcroft :weary:
It's hard to see when we'll be contenders.
Eh. Might not be 1. Will be top 4.

Fair point. But Ashcroft got 13 votes which suggests that the judges (as a collective) thought his game was 13x better than Lohmann's game. Don't think so.
Not sure that’s the right maths

More like there were 46 players to choose from and Ashcroft was number 1 and Lohmann was number 4 (or whatever) out of those 46.

Today is another example of the tension between ball movement/turnover and clearance/ball retentions teams.

It's sort of like the difference you see in the way teams dominate leagues vs cup competitions.

In the league ball possession and chance creation reign supreme but in cup tournaments man making/clear defensive organisation and the counter tend to dominate.

We've seen Sydney get exposed inside. I'm happy that teams can still go to work around the ball and win flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

both can be true, lohmann got 1 vote which means he was at least recognised. i think that starcevich absolutely deserved to win it, played fantastically all game, kept one of the best small forwards in the game to 1.1 and had little effect on the game. i just think ashcroft tore the game apart when it was on the cusp of breaking even and demonstrated just how high his skill ceiling can be. Ah Chee & Neale were the other players in the votes.
Ashcroft had a great game but he's probably lucky to have been the beneficiary of a Neale-conscious Swans midfield.

View attachment 2125009

53 year old man, in his professional capacity, referring to a man 30 years younger than him as The Chad
What we see here is a very young player who was having some very simpish words said to him by a much older man who has been in the game a long time.

Not sure that’s the right maths

More like there were 46 players to choose from and Ashcroft was number 1 and Lohmann was number 4 (or whatever) out of those 46.
Damn your logic. 🤣

Ashcroft had a great game but he's probably lucky to have been the beneficiary of a Neale-conscious Swans midfield.
I reckon Neale got a lot of cheapies in the last quarter. I had money on Ashcroft, but the medal could’ve fairly been awarded to about 5 different players.

On another note, Harris Andrews is a ****ing wall. Was never going to win the NS, but he was impassable today. Best defender in the AFL by miles.

Guy who really impressed my in the finals ..and there were quite a few for the Lions ..was Starcevich, so bloody impressive with his positioning, balance and marking. Used the ball well. Never realised he was that good

Isn’t ‘Chad’ some sort of incel slang?
yes and no. heavily depends on the context. sometimes describing something as “chad” means that it’s masculine or “brave” to do it. like running back with the flight of the ball into contact, or picking hipwood and daniher as your starting talls. in this case, it’s just chad warner’s name.

what you’re thinking of is more so how incels view popular, attractive men, chads (and stacie’s for women) all kind of similar but very big separation

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back