Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Never had much of a problem with Sydney, pretty well run joint and inoffensive.

Not sure what it is but **** they’ve turned into a bunch of unlikeable turds. Heads you’d love to punch on each line.

Must admit I enjoyed seeing them turn to water once again.
Same. I've always had a soft spot for the Swans as I grew up in Sydney but the last few years, as you said, they've become really unlikeable. Was happy to see them fail yet again.

Never had much of a problem with Sydney, pretty well run joint and inoffensive.

Not sure what it is but **** they’ve turned into a bunch of unlikeable turds. Heads you’d love to punch on each line.

Must admit I enjoyed seeing them turn to water once again.
Agreed, and I didn't mind the mid-2000s Swans for instance. The French have a specific phrase for punchable heads: "tetes a claques", this Sydney team is stacked with them, their smugness would have been a few extra levels if they won yesterday.

I really enjoy watching high performing teams. Brisbane didnt disappoint at any point of their game yesterday. I hope the Ess group will be enormously inspired by the efforts from the lions.

Brisbane have/had 5 ACLs one of which was Will Ashcroft who came back mid season to win a north smith!
Very good team dynamic and structure. Everyone knew and did their job yesterday. A very well executed game plan. They have built an incredible team. Respect.

I really enjoy watching high performing teams. Brisbane didnt disappoint at any point of their game yesterday. I hope the Ess group will be enormously inspired by the efforts from the lions.

Brisbane have/had 5 ACLs one of which was Will Ashcroft who came back mid season to win a north smith!
Very good team dynamic and structure. Everyone knew and did their job yesterday. A very well executed game plan. They have built an incredible team. Respect.

Lions are the Essendon team we all wanted and perhaps invisioned having in the modern era and didn’t get close to getting.

Lions are the Essendon team we all wanted and perhaps invisioned having in the modern era and didn’t get close to getting.
Funnily enough I felt sorry for them when they were hemorrhaging talent years ago like Yeo, Docherty then they got McCluggage who looked anything but thrilled on draft night. You could see they were doing the right thing with the guys they were getting. I thought we would race past them but look where things are - I know the academy helps and the AFL not following their own rules on draft night, the Coleman selection who would have given us an elite user in the backline.

Funnily enough I felt sorry for them when they were hemorrhaging talent years ago like Yeo, Docherty then they got McCluggage who looked anything but thrilled on draft night. You could see they were doing the right thing with the guys they were getting. I thought we would race past them but look where things are - I know the academy helps and the AFL not following their own rules on draft night, the Coleman selection who would have given us an elite user in the backline.
They're about to need to find replacements, but it looks like they'll be fine for a while yet.

Zorko 35 < Coleman?
Lester 32 < Doedee?
Fort 31 < ?
Neale 31 < Robertson? Marshall? LAshcroft?
Cameron 30 < ?
Daniher 30 < Morris
McInerney 30 < ?
McCarthy 30 < Brain?

It smells of scummy journalism, maybe Joe has been telling friends and it’s gotten out, but as Fagan said yesterday, “First I’ve heard of it”. Either that or it’s a made up story, much like the Merrett leaving story.
The Merrett one was not made up. Even Merrett is now on record saying there was a discussion with the Saints and his manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back