Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

I see your 'smart things' and raise you a 'Jack Darling.'
Again I don't see the problem. His experience will help their young group and its better to send a cooked Darling out than Pink or whatever other spud of the week they choose.

This will be swept under the AFL's rug regardless of the outcome, but apparently the Bulldogs have now made an official request for the AFL to look further into the connection between Bailey and Cotton On dating back to the original signing date. This will potentially blow up in a huge way with the potential for the club to take it further through the legal system not the AFL itself.

Law is not my area of expertise but essentially the belief is that Geelong have been paying Smith via a third party whilst he was under contract at the dogs in a sort of handshake deal that he would seek a trade at the end of the contract, thus breaking the terms of the contract. Things are going to get very, very messy.

This could expose Geelong quite badly as they've had Geelong players doing bogus jobs at Cotton On for years. My wife's friend worked at their Head Office and knew of several players in positions at Cotton On who didn't have any real role other than sitting in an office on their phones for a couple of hours a week.

They've been rorting the salary cap for years. The AFL knows and have turned a blind eye to it. Wonder if that will continue now.

This will be swept under the AFL's rug regardless of the outcome, but apparently the Bulldogs have now made an official request for the AFL to look further into the connection between Bailey and Cotton On dating back to the original signing date. This will potentially blow up in a huge way with the potential for the club to take it further through the legal system not the AFL itself.

Law is not my area of expertise but essentially the belief is that Geelong have been paying Smith via a third party whilst he was under contract at the dogs in a sort of handshake deal that he would seek a trade at the end of the contract, thus breaking the terms of the contract. Things are going to get very, very messy.

This could expose Geelong quite badly as they've had Geelong players doing bogus jobs at Cotton On for years. My wife's friend worked at their Head Office and knew of several players in positions at Cotton On who didn't have any real role other than sitting in an office on their phones for a couple of hours a week.

They've been rorting the salary cap for years. The AFL knows and have turned a blind eye to it. Wonder if that will continue now.
Looks like everyone has cottoned on now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you either have the state academies or Cotton On. Good on the Dogs, hopefully they make a lot of noise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back