Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

He absolutely got it down. Only one eyed Panthers would argue he didn't.

There are plenty of tweets going around with definitive view. Would have made it 10-10 with a kick to come and a completely different ball game with 20 mins left.
Well that's just wrong.

I said no try at the time and held that view despite people wanting desperately to see otherwise.

Bellamy has said it was held up.

Well that's just wrong.

I said no try at the time and held that view despite people wanting desperately to see otherwise.

Bellamy has said it was held up.
And then there is the vision we did not get to see last night.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/c51c76e02b6410093454389157c101bc

When I was watching live I was maybe. 50/50.
When I watched it back later on the computer I was 80/20 he did not. Difference being I have a 4K monitor that I got specifically for watching footy replays and it was clearer than my TV which is 6 years old.
It is very clear from the angle looking from the right of Cleary and through Tago legs that there is an arm under the ball compared the the angle from the left of Cleary which was shown in the telecast.
Lots of opinions that are now 100% no try now that vision is out.
There is certainly no conclusive evidence to say it did just touch the turf. In my opinion. I am still saying 90% sure it was held up.

NRL is the worst sport in the world.
It's pretty bad, hey.

I really tried to like it for a while, but far out It's boring. And stuttery. And kind of.. I don't want to say it lacks skill and strategy because I'm sure there's plenty that goes into it, but it's unimaginative as a spectator.

NRL is the worst sport in the world.
I watched it yesterday and the commentators were fawning at how good both sides were. To me even the most boring AFL game is more entertaining. I can't believe that people actually watch this. Stop and start 4 times and kick it to the opposition on the 5th.

The only NRL game I watched that I genuinely enjoyed is the 2015 Brisbane vs North Queensland grand final.

NFL is far far more entertaining.

I hope we never see a fourpeat in the AFL that'd be so boring
An Essendon fan saying this ?!?!
Mickey Mouse What GIF

Well I do not care how boring everyone thinks it is. I am enjoying 4 in a row. It is better than drowning in 20 years in a row of mediocracy. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOS giving injury plagued Max King a 6 year extension when he still has 2 years left on his current contract (at probably 1million a year for the next 8 years) is the craziest Dodorio style move ever.
crazy ted danson GIF

Is it though?
You questioning my level of support for the Panthers ?
I may live down here and see more Bombers games but i am a Panthers member. I see 3 or 4 games in Sydney every year and go when they are down here and I was at the 1991 - 2003 - 2022 Grand Finals.
Have followed the Panthers since the days when they where not so great . Player League and AFL as a kid.
It is every bit as good as a Bomber premiership for me.

Last edited:
Nfl is ****ed, i hate it.
I'm a bengals fan.
😡😖
I follow the Cowboys which is probably worse as we nearly always make it and flame out or just miss. Bit like the Bombers really. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is to the Cowboys as Adrian Dodoro was to Essendon.

I may live down here and see more Bombers games but i am a Panthers member. I see 3 or 4 games in Sydney every year and go when I am down here and I was at the 1991 - 2003 - 2022 Grand Finals.
Have followed the Panthers since the days when they where not so great . Player League and AFL as a kid.
Were you a Royce Simmons fan? He was a working class nugget. Well, that's how I remember him anyway. Tough nut.

I may live down here and see more Bombers games but i am a Panthers member. I see 3 or 4 games in Sydney every year and go when they are down here and I was at the 1991 - 2003 - 2022 Grand Finals.
calm bro, it was a joke

Were you a Royce Simmons fan? He was a working class nugget. Well, that's how I remember him anyway. Tough nut.
Royce yes. Two tries in the 91 GF win in his last game. 237 games.
Brad Izzard was another really good early favourite of mine.
Tim Sheens. Kevin Dann. Warren Fenton. Darryl Brohman. Lew Zivanovic outside of the obvious stars of the 91 era in Alexander / Fitler / Guyer / Cartwright / Carter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back