Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton:

Mentally weak, horribly constructed list (it seriously should cost people their jobs such is the deplorable state of it), no significant tall talent, two weak as piss number one picks, a heavy reliance on an old brigade, and a fan base that still doesn't realise that a total rebuild will be required (to my immense amusement).

Discuss.

As good as the passion in this post is, I think I enjoyed it more when it was said with a beer in hand. Has a greater effect when you realise that talking about the sad state of affairs that is the Carlton list, club and fanbase distracts you from drinking for the duration of the conversation.

That is a passionate Essendon fan.

I really thought the trade period was the right time to move Kreuzer on.

Has a better reputation than he deserves, and some clubs would have given overs for him.

Him, Gibbs and Yarran.

They could have gotten themselves some fair comp for that and either on traded it for the crater sized holes in their list, or kick started the obviously required rebuild.

Although, Gibbs is a free agent this year isn't he?

From our perspective it will be much funnier to see him walk out to SA, leaving the Blues with less as a compo pick than a trade would have yielded.

Nah, I'd exclude Gibbs from that. Was quite decent this year and tipping he'll have a good season next year.

Yarran on the other hand- surprised he wasn't traded.

Nah, I'd exclude Gibbs from that. Was quite decent this year and tipping he'll have a good season next year.

Yarran on the other hand- surprised he wasn't traded.

Yeah Gibbs isn't 'bad'.

But its an indictment on Carlton that he is what they have.

Seriously, compare him as a half back and Hibberd shits all over him. Compare him as a midfielder and Goddard ****ing owns him.

Carlton:

Mentally weak, horribly constructed list (it seriously should cost people their jobs such is the deplorable state of it), no significant tall talent, two weak as piss number one picks, a heavy reliance on an old brigade, and a fan base that still doesn't realise that a total rebuild will be required (to my immense amusement).

Discuss.
Glorious

I remember when Carlton and Essendon fans were arguing who really nailed the the 2006 draft.

Carlton - #1: Gibbs, #17: Hampson, #19: Grigg, #35: Austin, #51: Benjamin, #67: Anderson
Essendon - #2: Gumbleton, #18: Jetta, #20: Hislop, #36: Davey, #42: Houli, #47: Reimers

That draft alone is all you need to remember when it comes to listening to anything anybody on here has to say about drafting. Ever.

I remember when Carlton and Essendon fans were arguing who really nailed the the 2006 draft.

Carlton - #1: Gibbs, #17: Hampson, #19: Grigg, #35: Austin, #51: Benjamin, #67: Anderson
Essendon - #2: Gumbleton, #18: Jetta, #20: Hislop, #36: Davey, #42: Houli, #47: Reimers

That draft alone is all you need to remember when it comes to listening to anything anybody on here has to say about drafting. Ever.

Gibbs>Gumbleton (as much as it pains me to say)
Hampson=Jetta
Grigg=Hislop
Austin<Davey
Benjamin=Houli
Anderson=Reimers

1-1 draw

Gibbs>Gumbleton (as much as it pains me to say)
Hampson=Jetta
Grigg=Hislop
Austin<Davey
Benjamin=Houli
Anderson=Reimers

1-1 draw
Presumably you're marking those on their careers just at Essendon and Carlton, and not afterwards?

Because if not, Houli > Benjamin, Grigg > Hislop and Reimers > Benjamin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Presumably you're marking those on their careers just at Essendon and Carlton, and not afterwards?

Because if not, Houli > Benjamin, Grigg > Hislop and Reimers > Benjamin

Yep, that's exactly what I'm judging them on

Carlton:

Discuss.

The only problem I have with this is that it's hard to predict how their young players are developing. We haven't really seen enough of them at the AFL level to know if a couple of them are likely to turn into handy senior players. They also picked up a few decent recruits this trade period so I think they'll either stay where they are or slightly improve (not that this will do them much good because I expect greater improvement from the likes of Adelaide, North and GCS to negate their gains) on last year. They will need a pretty big rebuild in the not to distant future though because the current lot look unlikely to take them deep into september.

Not so sure that there is a need for anything dramatic at Carlton though I do agree that their list management for the best part of 10 years has been appalling.

Now more than ever they just need to relax. It is their fancy for the dramatic that has been behind some of the most stupid decisions they have made.

Good trade period to add immediate class to midfield/half back. Thomas was necessary even if he was expensive and Docherty, from all report, addresses immediate needs as much as the long term.

Couple of good draft performances and some development into Kreuzer and Casboult and there really isn't anything particularly worrying about the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back