News & Events Non-Football COVID-19 Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Say you catch covid and are vaccinated and it doesn't do much to you, but then next year you get it again (you have had you're booster shot) but are perhaps a bit more sick from a variant that stronger, then the following year you get a mild case...and so on. What happens after we have had it 10 times. We will be allowing it to come, and allowing us to get it multiple times. Will there be some sort of damage to our bodies that will eventually catch up with us and make really sick.
No. The immune system doesn't work like that. Think of it like memories. For example - imagine yesterday you ate a really tasty looking jelly bean that was flavoured like a piece of dog shit and you ate it and thought, "this is really gross I am never doing that again". But then next year you see a piece of dog shit that looks delicious but that smells really similar to that jelly bean, and you take a really big sniff of it and it makes you a little woozy, but you remember that jelly bean flavoured dog shit that you ate last year, and decide not to eat it because it was nasty. And then the year after that, you come across another similar piece of dog shit that looks really tasty, but maybe this one is a different consistency, and so you have a little nibble, but then before you can go any further it triggers the memory of that dogshit flavoured jelly bean that you really didn't like, and you remember that it is a bad idea so you run away from that particular strain of dogshit.

its just like that.

The jelly bean is the vaccine, and covid is the dogshit.

As far as I'm aware we're still allowed out to go for walks. And the social distancing doesn't include people you're living with.

I was walking with my wife holding hands, and my 14 year old son was walking a couple of meters behind us because he was listening to his headphones. We were accosted by a nut job woman who decided to follow us in her car tooting her horn, and then cut us off by pulling into the driveway we were about to walk across. She wound down her window and screamed at us about how selfish we were, and how we were lucky she had our son's back, and then she drove off.

I'm still confused, but it's a warning to everyone that this situation is going to bring out the weirdos.

As far as I'm aware we're still allowed out to go for walks. And the social distancing doesn't include people you're living with.

I was walking with my wife holding hands, and my 14 year old son was walking a couple of meters behind us because he was listening to his headphones. We were accosted by a nut job woman who decided to follow us in her car tooting her horn, and then cut us off by pulling into the driveway we were about to walk across. She wound down her window and screamed at us about how selfish we were, and how we were lucky she had our son's back, and then she drove off.

I'm still confused, but it's a warning to everyone that this situation is going to bring out the weirdos.
Should've told her the spit she was no doubt spraying in her rage had more chance of spreading the disease than people who live together (and possibly do more than that....) just holding hands

Something to ponder; more deaths from swine flu and more reported cases of swine flu, all under the age of 53, yet less hysteria. Google the ABC's reportage of swine flu and compare the language use. It's much more emotional now. What's the go?

Something to ponder; more deaths from swine flu and more reported cases of swine flu, all under the age of 53, yet less hysteria. Google the ABC's reportage of swine flu and compare the language use. It's much more emotional now. What's the go?

how fast did swine flu spread?

SARS-Cov-2 (the virus that causes the COVID-19 disease) has an average reproduction rate (the number of people who are infected on average for every infected person) double that of swine flu. Additionally the mortality rate is much higher.

The language is very different because the situation warrants it, or at least early indications are that it warrants it. With these things you cannot wait to see how to react. The only chance of prevention of a bigger disaster is risking overreacting.

Sign of the times. We are in the social media age where everyone has an opinion on everything. Media tends to report worst case scenario rather than taking a medium view on anything. The fact that we have so many news platforms and blogs and people following people then you have to be a bit sensational to be heard. It is the age we live in. It is why footy fans hate Purple. He always goes the most negative angle.

As far as comparing viruses go it may be hard to compare exactly with the past as a lot of countries have placed extreme measures a lot earlier than the past. Even here we closed the border to China very early although one could say between the Feds and states we dropped the ball a couple of times after than.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ll ease restrictions if numbers hold up but there will always be some type of restriction in place until a vaccine.

Can’t see how anyone would allow 50,000 to congregate in a stadium during a pandemic without a vaccine

I can imagine it would be allowed if it turns out the virus isn't as dangerous as what we were lead to believe.

I can imagine it would be allowed if it turns out the virus isn't as dangerous as what we were lead to believe.

Nothing to suggest we have a weaker strain, we’re simply controlling its spread.

Italian and German soccer leagues have announced they don’t foresee any fans until at least January 2021. So I suppose some may proceed without waiting for a vaccine. Risky strategy.

On good news front, German league have returned to training albeit training in small separate groups

Nothing to suggest we have a weaker strain, we’re simply controlling its spread.

Italian and German soccer leagues have announced they don’t foresee any fans until at least January 2021. So I suppose some may proceed without waiting for a vaccine. Risky strategy.

On good news front, German league have returned to training albeit training in small separate groups

Who said anything about a weaker strain in Australia?

Who said anything about a weaker strain in Australia?
Well it’s the same virus that has killed thousands in Italy, Spain, France and the US. The majority of infections here are from people coming back from overseas.

Well it’s the same virus that has killed thousands in Italy, Spain, France and the US. The majority of infections here are from people coming back from overseas.

*Has been recorded as present in thousands of people who have died. There are many questions still to be answered over what we're actually dealing with.

Governments might also start discussing strengthening immune systems using commonly available supplements.

There is plenty of clinical evidence coming from doctors in the States that within hours of treating covid positive and symptomatic patients with chloroquine and zinc that symptoms subside almost entirely.

The medical profession knows that zinc is an important anti viral. I don't know the science in detail but essentially zinc fills cells preventing a virus from replicating.

It's not a conspiracy, just an example of the ideological blinders that are in place. Its true that these blinder tend to block out what big pharma wants blocked but we didnt need a moderately deadly pandemic to expose that.

Governments might also start discussing strengthening immune systems using commonly available supplements.

There is plenty of clinical evidence coming from doctors in the States that within hours of treating covid positive and symptomatic patients with chloroquine and zinc that symptoms subside almost entirely.

The medical profession knows that zinc is an important anti viral. I don't know the science in detail but essentially zinc fills cells preventing a virus from replicating.

It's not a conspiracy, just an example of the ideological blinders that are in place. Its true that these blinder tend to block out what big pharma wants blocked but we didnt need a moderately deadly pandemic to expose that.
No there isn’t plenty of evidence at all.
In some studies they’ve ceased using it as causing heart problems

Remove this Banner Ad

Back