Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yet both teams are probably where Sydney and GWS were at Round 9 last year, if not better.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
If both get near us we're cooked. The only side above us that might be flaky is the Bombers.

It's not that teams can't make a run, its that we're very obviously not better than any team above us.

If both get near us we're cooked. The only side above us that might be flaky is the Bombers.

It's not that teams can't make a run, its that we're very obviously not better than any team above us.
I just hope that the club and players don't give up so quickly and easily. Seems soft and defeatist to me given we're not even halfway through the season and half a game out of the eight. I think every team above us has shown moments of flakiness. We get over the line against PA and Carlton and we're second on the ladder and those teams aren't top 8. Carlton are flaky AF. Lost 3 of their last 5 and probably won 3-4 of their games by a goal or so. Understand there's not much point in talking hypotheticals but we're not too far off at least half the teams above us. Seems very even. Nothing to suggest that we're 'obviously not better' from what I've seen.

I just hope that the club and players don't give up so quickly and easily. Seems soft and defeatist to me given we're not even halfway through the season and half a game out of the eight. I think every team above us has shown moments of flakiness. We get over the line against PA and Carlton and we're second on the ladder and those teams aren't top 8. Carlton are flaky AF. Lost 3 of their last 5 and probably won 3-4 of their games by a goal or so. Understand there's not much point in talking hypotheticals but we're not too far off at least half the teams above us. Seems very even. Nothing to suggest that we're 'obviously not better' from what I've seen.
I doubt very much they have, it's only certain bigfooters lol..

We were in much worse situation last year and they still thought we were still a chance even though it was a glimmer

While we aren’t looking like contenders yet, it’s way too early to make calls at round 9. Hell, media commentators are changing their tune every couple of rounds
Media commentators have given up speculating on Freo

Too much of an Enigma

Just no consistency to make a case
I don’t blame them
I think they were trying really hard to will us on early in the year and then we go and shame ourselves in the Derby and they pretty much go “ yeh Nah , back in the too hard basket “

I'm quite sure they won't have and I suspect we'll be in it until late in the season. My pessimism is mostly draw related. We've probably dropped 1 too many already given who we still have to play and then comparing that against who the Bombers and GC play, it's going to be difficult.

Carlton are tactically flaky, no argument from me, but they have some really good players that consistently bail them out.

I'm quite sure they won't have and I suspect we'll be in it until late in the season. My pessimism is mostly draw related. We've probably dropped 1 too many already given who we still have to play and then comparing that against who the Bombers and GC play, it's going to be difficult.

Carlton are tactically flaky, no argument from me, but they have some really good players that consistently bail them out.
Dropping West Coast and Sydney that poorly is a concern.
We’re flaky ourselves don’t worry about the opposition.

Dropping West Coast and Sydney that poorly is a concern.
We’re flaky ourselves don’t worry about the opposition.
Sydney game i less concerned with due to the Cam McArthy passing causing such grief for the players. we were never going to win that game after that event

But the Loss to WCE still hurts and we need to never allow that again,.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney game i less concerned with due to the Cam McArthy passing causing such grief for the players. we were never going to win that game after that event

But the Loss to WCE still hurts and we need to never allow that again,.
the WCEs loss was very strange

we have challenged or won the other games - Carlton and Port were sooo close

gc being gc means i'm not too concerned about them, they'll find ways to heck it up

It’s round 9, still not even halfway through the season. Quit melting.
Exactly. Three teams with a worse record than us at this time last year made the 8, and three teams with a better record than us missed out on the eight. Wait until a couple games after the bye before melting about us missing finals.

Giants weren't in the 8 until round 19, Carlton round 20, and Sydney round 22. Two of those teams made a prelim.

We have to beat the saints this week so we can melt if we lose to the pies 🤣😂😬

Still can't forget the walloping the pies gave us last yr along with GWS game.

I think it would be more to do with how he was treated at Peel in the 2017 WAFL Grand final. Left out for Zac Dawson who broke down early into the game.

I think he came from a Collingwood family and keen to go to Victoria but we didn't go out of our way to build lasting relationship with him.
I have no issues or regrets with Zac Dawson in that 2017 WAFL peel premiership side.

I got a photo of him with the whole peel squad winning that flag

I have no issues or regrets with Zac Dawson in that 2017 WAFL peel premiership side.

I got a photo of him with the whole peel squad winning that flag

I remember Zac Dawson lined up at centre half forward in the first quarter and took a great mark before slotting a goal from 45 meters out. The entire crowd was in shock before he did a knee several minutes later and missed the rest of the game.

I think some people forget that Aaron Naughton was a key defender back then for the Peel colts side, and that’s where he played in the seniors. So he wasn’t a priority for us. He ended getting taken at pick 9 that year and our next pick was at pick 44 after we took Bradshaw and Cerra with our first two picks.

So we were never going to take him at picks 2 or 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back