Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I want it to be split into two nights. Auction night and draft night. All academy and father sons etc are in the auction pool and clubs bud on them using their draft picks. This would naturally imcreade the price paid due to thenbidding system and make it very hard for top teams to match.

Makes the draft optics a lot better because your pick doesn't move on the night AND makes it a lot of fun and needs even better asset management (choosing to load up for the auction vs keeping your picks for draft night.

I think it could be awesome if done right.
Brilliant idea!
Is this your idea?
Would love the AFL to run with this.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Had a think about this. Went with Hayden Young and Nick Daicos. That midfield would be orgasmic.

Any thoughts?

Had a think about this. Went with Hayden Young and Nick Daicos. That midfield would be orgasmic.

Any thoughts?

Crazily enough I would go Josh Treacy and probably Nick Daicos as well. What Treacy is doing at his age as a key forward is scary.

Edit: I didn't even think he would be B-grade this time last year, just couldn't see it.

Honestly seems low given the two suspensions before him and the fact he said it multiple times to multiple players. Was expecting 10+.
Ends his season. So probably fair enough.

What happens if a guy man decides he's not gau anymore. Does that mean he's not allowed to say the word to his way mates anymore?
As it us considered almost the highest insult to a "real man", then why say it at all. You just have to read some of the posts on here to know that we hate just about everyone, drunk, gay, bogan, snag, hipster etc, etc. Maybe it would just be a nicer society if we were a little more more tolerant. Each to there own but no point trying to justify nasty shit behaviour. It if it nasty shit, it is nasty shit. Not sure if just excusing it because of where you grew up is going to cut it with all the education the players receive. He knows what the Afl will and won't tolerate so if he doesn't accept it face the consequences or go and do something else. We have all done it, myself included, and it should be called out and something for people to try and learn from. I can't say I fully understand the feeling of wanting to change your gender, but over time I came to the conclusion that it does no harm so mind my own business and try and work out how they may be feeling.

Well, we always think social engineering is good when it goes our way.
Maybe it is social evolution, not engineering. Personally, I am so glad society has evolved from the 1960's and onwards. Some of the attitudes in those times were an embarrassment to humanity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens if you say the C word, that offends a lot of the general population?
Is it reportable?
Is it a word that has been used to marginalise, belittle and bully a subset of the population?

Difference between a slur and a swear.

Comes down more to respect right?
“Hey, try not to use that word around me, I have issues with it. Can you find a different swear?”

Again, friends use it, don’t use it around Mrs D out of respect. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Is it a word that has been used to marginalise, belittle and bully a subset of the population?

Difference between a slur and a swear.

Comes down more to respect right?
“Hey, try not to use that word around me, I have issues with it. Can you find a different swear?”

Again, friends use it, don’t use it around Mrs D out of respect. 🤷🏼‍♂️
I hate that word

I hate that word
Plenty do.

To me this sort of stuff is simple,
If it offends, and I could use different language in place of it, why do I need to use it?

A good swear in the right place though is powerful and cathartic.

Plenty do.

To me this sort of stuff is simple,
If it offends, and I could use different language in place of it, why do I need to use it?

A good swear in the right place though is powerful and cathartic.
I've always say that you need to know your audience.

AFL can’t bring back state of origin now..this NRL product is way too good..we’d look tame by comparison.
Brereton said this in the lead up to the Melbourne game. Our game started it but the NRL took it over and that’s all she wrote. Tonight’s game had just about everything you want in a sporting contest.

AFL can’t bring back state of origin now..this NRL product is way too good..we’d look tame by comparison.
Rugby needs it because their regular season product is so very ordinary.

Our comp doesn't and with representation all around the country it's basically has state v state through every round of the season anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back