Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bastard is a slur and I guess a low key swear word. A key difference is that our society hasn't especially evolved to suppress or marginalise bastards as a group.

But we have done that with women, different races, sexual preferences.
Yeah, good parallel. There was a time when it was insulting to question a person's parentage (no doubt still exists in some cultures). But all my kids are illegitimate and I don't think the fact has ever come up in their lives.
campaigner, ******, ********er are moving in the other direction, at least in situations where there are third party controls over language such as the workplace and the footy field. It's no longer just a matter of "you really shouldn't use rude words" but rather "these words have origins and connotations that are derogatory to groups in our community".

Yeah, good parallel. There was a time when it was insulting to question a person's parentage (no doubt still exists in some cultures). But all my kids are illegitimate and I don't think the fact has ever come up in their lives.
campaigner, ******, ********er are moving in the other direction, at least in situations where there are third party controls over language such as the workplace and the footy field. It's no longer just a matter of "you really shouldn't use rude words" but rather "these words have origins and connotations that are derogatory to groups in our community".
That word has almost totally moved towards meaning something else entirely. To the point where maybe the majority of people who use it have never known its origins in enshrining religious sanctity of marriage and control of relationships.

"Campaigner" is going absolutely no where in Australia short of some artificial push in America that is taken up here for no real reason.

Biggest difference being it hasnt been used for its specific meaning to deliberately demean women for eons. It was basically replaced by "Karen" which has a far greater chance of being deemed "unacceptable" in the near future IMO.

"Campaigner" is going absolutely no where in Australia short of some artificial push in America that is taken up here for no real reason.

Biggest difference being it hasnt been used for its specific meaning to deliberately demean women for eons. It was basically replaced by "Karen" which has a far greater chance of being deemed "unacceptable" in the near future IMO.
Never underestimate the influence and ridiculousness of the newly created religion of woke.

Jack Darling must be really on the outer at WCE. They have so many injuries and he still can't get back into the team...

Think his original release was “ I believe the Eagles are a complete Flustercluck and I would be committing career suicide by even considering a role there, happy to wait here until the Horse feels it’s time to go to pasture”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, Horse seems pretty happy with his [REDACTED]

EDIT: Damn Mod filters :rolleyes:

Suma is the dream.

My choice is Buckley and he quits after his initial 3 year contract when he realizes how bad the list has been cooked and it's now going to take 5 years post Tassie to get it right.
Or Josh Carr, who heads back to Adelaide again after 2 years and working the young core to the bone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I needed a good laugh after a long day at work and Darcy Moore provided it 😂😂😂

Masterful clickbaiting by the herald sun too!

I needed a good laugh after a long day at work and Darcy Moore provided it 😂😂😂

Masterful clickbaiting by the herald sun too!

AKA

"He's a snorer"

Imma need someone to explain to me how sleeping in the same bed as your partner is a straight person thing or in any way due to the "patriarchy"

That is the most ridiculous sentence I've ever read.
Yeah, no idea aside from maybe developing co-dependance? (i know I struggle to sleep when the missus is away).

There was a movement a few months back about separate sleepers. Live together, sleep in different rooms. But that was all around not having to adapt (put up with) someone else messing up your sleep patterns.

Mum & Dad have been doing all their lives pretty much, but he's a shift worker, and snores like an air raid siren during WWII.

Pretty sure they're just trying to come up with an influencer term for something pretty basic tbh

Yeah, no idea aside from maybe developing co-dependance? (i know I struggle to sleep when the missus is away).

There was a movement a few months back about separate sleepers. Live together, sleep in different rooms. But that was all around not having to adapt (put up with) someone else messing up your sleep patterns.

Mum & Dad have been doing all their lives pretty much, but he's a shift worker, and snores like an air raid siren during WWII.

Pretty sure they're just trying to come up with an influencer term for something pretty basic tbh
To be clear, you want to sleep in different beds, I understand, no judgement here. Tieing it in with progressive buzzwords for the sake of it is eyeroll worthy at best and directly harmful to progessive agendas at worst. Ugghh.

Sorry to everyone else, little too much politics

To be clear, you want to sleep in different beds, I understand, no judgement here. Tieing it in with progressive buzzwords for the sake of it is eyeroll worthy at best and directly harmful to progessive agendas at worst. Ugghh.

Sorry to everyone else, little too much politics
Either that or they were trolling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back