Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Win this week and Carlton get rolled and we’re in the 8. Simple equation

Really good chance that happens.

With no McKay or Curnow, McGovern is going to get midfield numbers.

We need to hold up our end of the bargain

Unfortunately I wouldn’t put it past the eagles to botch this one. A big win away for a team like that often ends in a flat performance the following week.

Also just the fact after weeks of desperately wanting Carlton to win for death ride purposes and them absolutely stinking it up -the week we need them to lose to keep our season alive, I can see them turning up for the first time in months.

Last edited:

I'll say it, from what we've seen of WC at home all year and with the current new coach bounce, they would almost have to actively throw this game against Carlton to lose it. Walsh's back looks absolutely cooked, guy can barely move. Hewett and Kennedy have reverted to the role players they always were, Cerra isnt on the park and the whole midfield is Cripps fighting everyone.

That's not even mentioning the fact that Carlton look half the side missing just one of McKay and Curnow, missing both...

Hopefully the Eagles can pressure up the ground enough to have Blake Acres kicking long bombs that McGovern can pick off all day.

Interesting how Champion Data reckon that GWS have been lucky to win lately.
Reckon 3 of their wins out of 6, could've gone the other way.
Reckon Brizzy should've won last week, but bad kicking for goal was their problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Schofield must be getting quite comfortable he’ll get the job tbh. Still no guarantees but most of the obvious candidates have pulled out.

I don’t think it’s the right time for a coach to get the West Coast gig. It sounds like they’re about to make their list worse short term by trading out some of their better players. How long does that give someone before the predictable results start getting too much.

Interesting how Champion Data reckon that GWS have been lucky to win lately.
Reckon 3 of their wins out of 6, could've gone the other way.
Reckon Brizzy should've won last week, but bad kicking for goal was their problem.
That's us ****ed then

Our kicking for goal has been the only thing making our recent games look closer than they were. We've been dominated in the midfield and then that opposition has choked in front of goal. Not to the level we did in the first Sydney game, but we have been very accurate for goal - then around 3QT we start missing and the opposition come back or overrun us on the scoreboard.

Our kicking for goal has been the only thing making our recent games look closer than they were. We've been dominated in the midfield and then that opposition has choked in front of goal. Not to the level we did in the first Sydney game, but we have been very accurate for goal - then around 3QT we start missing and the opposition come back or overrun us on the scoreboard.
Yeah, while JT was in.

Schofield must be getting quite comfortable he’ll get the job tbh. Still no guarantees but most of the obvious candidates have pulled out.

I don’t think it’s the right time for a coach to get the West Coast gig. It sounds like they’re about to make their list worse short term by trading out some of their better players. How long does that give someone before the predictable results start getting too much.
Schofield will be the next to decline to be considered for the role

Some of the cope in here is out of control. We had top 4 in our hands 2 weeks ago and have blown it. Now I keep seeing people praying for other teams to lose so we can essentially lose our last four games and limp into finals 🤣. How about we just do our job and win games and earn our spot? Respectfully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back