Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You just know if we’re a mathematical chance next Sunday and all we need to do is win and we’re in..it will be all too hard for the boys. Essendon and Geelong games broke us. We were better against GWS with better selections but you always knew we weren’t going to close it out.
Every chance we've had.... we've found ways to lose

On a non freo topic, Harley Reid today looked cooked or just had come to his senses that he’s playing for the worst team in the AFL…
Looked a bit busted up and tired.

Reckon he just needs the season to end and get a full pre-season into him.

He is going to be a thorn for us to deal with for the next 10-15 years.

Noticed those… wants to hit the highlight reel rather than do the boring workman like stuff.
That's why he insists on shrugging off every tackle instead of just giving the first option away. Makes him look big and tough but really just means by the time the second or third tackle hits he's forced to just get it off in time before getting caught htb.

Mathew Johnson has the same affiliation
When MJ does it it's to buy himself more time to find the better option. Was paying off a lot more right before he got injured and we were seeing some really lovely kicks into the corridor/i50.

When Reid does it most of the time it's unnecessary and seems like he's just showing us that he can do it. There was one game where he shrugged off two tackles, and then literally ran towards the oppo with his arm out so that he could "shrug" off a third that wouldn't have even reached him if he hadn't gone towards it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When MJ does it it's to buy himself more time to find the better option. Was paying off a lot more right before he got injured and we were seeing some really lovely kicks into the corridor/i50.

When Reid does it most of the time it's unnecessary and seems like he's just showing us that he can do it. There was one game where he shrugged off two tackles, and then literally ran towards the oppo with his arm out so that he could "shrug" off a third that wouldn't have even reached him if he hadn't gone towards it.
Thought it was opposite. Prior to injury he was doing it alot and getting caught htb..after his return he seemed to have improved but started reverting back a bit

Yea agree that reid tends to overdo it but it’s bit rich to say Harley only does it for the sake of it and not buy time whilst Jonno doesn’t and only because he’s looking to buy time.

Seriously go back and watch Jonno.
It’s his first thought literally every time

I mean he basically said as much in an interview about how jlo keeps telling him to back himself and take on the tackler.
Unfortunately jonno hasn’t got the best footy brain and needs to be told again to take best option instead of seeing it as the only option

Yea agree that reid tends to overdo it but it’s bit rich to say Harley only does it for the sake of it and not buy time whilst Jonno doesn’t and only because he’s looking to buy time.

Seriously go back and watch Jonno.
It’s his first thought literally every time

I mean he basically said as much in an interview about how jlo keeps telling him to back himself and take on the tackler.
Unfortunately jonno hasn’t got the best footy brain and needs to be told again to take best option instead of seeing it as the only option
Think the issue is that usually there is already a good option available, but doesn't use it. If there wasn't it's understandable. Think on weekend the one he got htb he had sharp there..forgot. But that's been the case.. also seems more issue not at the centre clearance

Come out talking big with stupid ‘ 5 year plan rubbish ‘ then fail to deliver should be curtains for the higher ups

Won’t be of course

I bet they think it’s a successful season regardless of what they say in the media

I wanna take the picks because I’ve come to realise we’ll never win a flag so I’m just happy to be a decent side for a nice extended period of time

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Come out talking big with stupid ‘ 5 year plan rubbish ‘ then fail to deliver should be curtains for the higher ups

Won’t be of course

I bet they think it’s a successful season regardless of what they say in the media

I wanna take the picks because I’ve come to realise we’ll never win a flag so I’m just happy to be a decent side for a nice extended period of time

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep and I remember another thing about 2004 when Freo finished 9th.

President Rick Hart mentioned about having a tick about 2004 being a success. Mainly because we made a profit of 1- 1.5 million that year

I remember that season too. Dockers had bottom placed demons in the final round.

Dockers had injuries too.

Yep, and it was in the time before internet and most games being on some channel somewhere. So as a wee 11 year old boy in rural Tasmania I had to wait for after whatever game was being shown to see the results and it broke my little heart. The disappointment I felt that day wasn't felt again until 16 years later.

Massive injury list leading up to it but think in reality O'Reilly was the main guy we were missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back