Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gave the Tigers fans their only thing to celebrate for the season.
But he didn't need to fake a retirement for that. Could have still had a farewell and thanks Dusty. Pretty sure that would have been well received.

But he didn't need to fake a retirement for that. Could have still had a farewell and thanks Dusty. Pretty sure that would have been well received.

Possibly true. The AFL is still shit scared of players announcing they are leaving clubs during the saeson, Neal-Bullen did it this year but I think there was a lot of outside issues pushing that move so for fans it's easier to swallow than Dusty saying I'm out in round 16.

Gold Coast get exploited viciously by every other club (especially ours) so as much as I agree it's a dog act I'm also fine with Gold Coast getting some of theirs back on the comp.
A bit harsh on Fremantle I reckon. How have the club exploited the GCS?
A lot of their payers have wanted out from there, I would say that the VFL clubs have dudded them far more than what Fremantle have.

A bit harsh on Fremantle I reckon. How have the club exploited the GCS?
A lot of their payers have wanted out from there, I would say that the VFL clubs have dudded them far more than what Fremantle have.
Lachie Weller for Pick 2 was..."Me too" worthy. My point more was that every side has been complicit not just the Victorian ones.

If we are signing contracts that long players need to be allowed to be traded to a club without consent in my opinion.
I don't think it should be mandated, but certainly if a contract is over a certain amount of $$$ it should be allowed to be a clause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson is legit the biggest flog in the AFL already, quite an achievement in your first season.
I hate the dropping of the knees. Ex players with concussion injuries and he purposely runs the risk of head contact just to get a free kick. Stop rewarding this behaviour.

I hate the dropping of the knees. Ex players with concussion injuries and he purposely runs the risk of head contact just to get a free kick. Stop rewarding this behaviour.
They remove any duty of care owed to them by doing that I believe. Why should the umps protect their heads when they're willing to volunteer head injury for the sake of an advantage

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back