Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Also, apparently (until we beat Melbourne and the Swans) the meejia reckons we aren't tough enough defensively, but both the Pies and the Scummers are masters of the tough midfield game.

Yet we are in the third quarter of this riveting matchup and fully 20 players (excluding the two subs) have exactly 0 tackles each so far. Really?

Also, apparently (until we beat Melbourne and the Swans) the meejia reckons we aren't tough enough defensively, but both the Pies and the Scummers are masters of the tough midfield game.

Yet we are in the third quarter of this riveting matchup and fully 20 players (excluding the two subs) have exactly 0 tackles each so far. Really?
nah nah, you got it wrong "Essendon are showing why they are worthy of a top 4 spot" ;)

Collingwood will hit back hard and quick at some point. Essendon need to kick away while they have this surge
SURGE???

SURGE???

S
URGE???

Kapow!!! me old loyal Freo forever banana bender brilliant barnstorming beerbashing brainiac, 4 behinds from 6 shots at goal does not a surge (or even a gentle spurt) make.

Gotta love Richo. Never heard a commentator describe anything as 'weird ass' before.
I think he said "weird as" but the Tassie two headed drawl kicked in...

Apologies to all my Tassie based Freo mates. Double necked Pearce jumpers on the way to each of you as an apology.

Although fair play Kapow!!! it is the Scummers we are discussing and I should give them credit for not being totally flaccid.
I think it's more owing to my reticence to use the word "momentum" due to it being vastly more overused.

Plus, in the context of this 3 goals to 0 in a quarter would probably be considered a "surge". We're not valuing Essendon here, we're devaluing the word "surge"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's more owing to my reticence to use the word "momentum" due to it being vastly more overused.

Plus, in the context of this 3 goals to 0 in a quarter would probably be considered a "surge". We're not valuing Essendon here, we're devaluing the word "surge"
So you are saying it is really the inverse of a surge, an egrus??
Essendon Egrus, I like it, new mascot for them, close enough to Essendon Ejectors to be just palatable. EGRUS!!!

"One of the greatest quarters of footy of the year" - so Pies kick 0.2 and Essenscum kick 4.4 and suddenly it is a "greatest quarter of 2024"??

I don't get the blind hype for Vic teams on nights like this, I just don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back