Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently until last week we had "real questions about Fremantle's scoring power and too many weak efforts".
But Collingwood were "one of the great attacking teams ever seen".

So we are fully 40 minutes of play into the second half and Collingwood have scored a mighty 3 behinds total, yet they are still "attacking really hard"??

I probably sound like a broken record I know. And I get it is Friday night footy that gets a degree of hype. But still, 3 points in +40 minutes of footy is "great attacking"?

Next minute some bloke called Harvey disproves my rant.

Harvey.

Harrison.

How the heck does Harvey "named in the 1950s" Harrison even get on to an AFL list without a trendy rename and image makeover??

Heckin Harvey Harry - hardly heroic.

I'm glad I was wrong...
dc comics joker GIF

Next minute some bloke called Harvey disproves my rant.

Harvey.

Harrison.

How the heck does Harvey "named in the 1950s" Harrison even get on to an AFL list without a trendy rename and image makeover??

Heckin Harvey Harry - hardly heroic.
What number pint you on mate? Haha

What number pint you on mate? Haha
Totally sober for work reasons sadly.

Was hoping the game would get me at least a small enjoyment from seeing the Essenscum lose. Sadly not.

Daicos playing at half forward where the ball isn't. Great coaching
The Pies board is really getting stuck in to McRae hard, like he never won anything at all...

They fluked a premiership, weakest premier (compared to the rest of the league) in history statistically.
Nah 2016 Bulldogs own that record, but yes I get what you are saying. McRae won largely off the hard work of Buckley before him (like Bevo won largely of the foundations laid by unpopular Brendan McCartney).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the replay, he wanted the boundary 100% and just strolls it out without trying to hide it. Easy correct call.
Fine, I'll still blame you because I can, Kram crammy Krammer...

I must admit I'm surprised. Seems like the Bombers have found a few players and are playing decent footy.
I guess it depends how far Collingwood have fallen, their pressure tonight was apparently at an all time low.

Going to be interesting to see how McRae does with his media now that he has to eat some humble pie. I rather suspect its not going to come easily to him.

I must admit I'm surprised. Seems like the Bombers have found a few players and are playing decent footy.
I guess it depends how far Collingwood have fallen, their pressure tonight was apparently at an all time low.

Going to be interesting to see how McRae does with his media now that he has to eat some humble pie. I rather suspect its not going to come easily to him.

collingwoods midfield is finito outside of daicos who’s asked to do to much, their defence is crap as well especially on transition. their tall stocks are shit house on top of that. very little pressure put on the dons, not a super impressive win imo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Haven’t really seen much Essendon the past year or so, but Caldwell looks a player and Durham impressed me too. Spreading the load and leas reliance on Merrett.

collingwoods midfield is finito outside of daicos who’s asked to do to much, their defence is crap as well especially on transition. their tall stocks are shit house on top of that. very little pressure put on the dons, not a super impressive win imo

It was a decent win, but it'll get blown up by the media as if the Bombers deserve to go straight to premiership favourites.

That said, the win is great for us so I'm happy for them to get the limelight all week.

Haven’t really seen much Essendon the past year or so, but Caldwell looks a player and Durham impressed me too. Spreading the load and leas reliance on Merrett.

much better than their supporting cast for merrett in the past but i still think if you negate him a little bit you go a long way to beating the bombers. he was about the only thing keeping them kicking in the first quarter and had 15 score involvements

I didn't see the game so how did Jack cripps and De Goey go, pardomn the pun! Also where was sidebottom playing? Cripps in particular seems to sting us.

Nah 2016 Bulldogs own that record, but yes I get what you are saying. McRae won largely off the hard work of Buckley before him (like Bevo won largely of the foundations laid by unpopular Brendan McCartney).
That may be true but premierships are hard to win.

I don't think any premiership winning coach should be under valued in any way

You still have to get the team in the right mindset come September for 3 or 4 finals games. And make sure there mentally right GF day and come away with a bit of luck.

You could say Ross benefited coming in 2012 from Mark Harvey doing the heavy lifting in 2008-2011.

If we won in 2013 the same argument could be applied to Ross like Bevo.

No way. Bulldogs thrashed multiple sides in finals in their way to the premiership. Eg the previous years grand finalists each got pumped at their home grounds in finals.

Whereas Pies won all of their finals by single digit margins.

Also nonsense to say Beveridge won based foundations placed by McCartney. They were favourite for last at the start of 2015, instead made finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back