Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

All I a
with all the negativity against umpires and blaming them for every loss a team experiences . i am amazed anyone chooses to be an umpire let alone any ladies.

So before they will get more Ladies applying. they need to fix the negative cuture. that unlikely to occur due to FANs always being right.
All I am saying is the head of football for the AFL has insinuated that having four umpires will make for more inclusion, yet by what we see is the exact opposite.
It is not just the fans being disgruntled it is the entire factions of football. Coaches, players, media and the fans.
Four umpires being best is a fallacy. In fact it is having the exact opposite affect.

All I a

All I am saying is the head of football for the AFL has insinuated that having four umpires will make for more inclusion, yet by what we see is the exact opposite.
It is not just the fans being disgruntled it is the entire factions of football. Coaches, players, media and the fans.
Four umpires being best is a fallacy. In fact it is having the exact opposite affect.
The last lady umpire had to quit due to pregnancy.

The state leagues are promoting the umpiring role for ladies hard, but they can't do AFL until experience increases. Will happen sooner than later.

just need to get the interest of the ladies .

Cant hire when they not applying.

Outside of their first rounders I don’t any youngsters that look much better than role players at AFL level. Their recruiting is garbage and they’ve basically got to start rebuilding again half way through a rebuild. Their fans seem to think they won’t be down long but honestly it’s four years already outside finals and three in the bottom three - that second stat alone is already a bloody long time. Can’t see them making the eight again this decade unless something massively changes - and it isn’t just the coach.
even some of the first rounders i'm not sure about - ginbey's a big lad but his disposal is very whelming to me, and I'm not sure Chesser's projecting as much more then a role player at this point either. the cupboard is bare.
Even Waterman at 26 might be pushing it to play in a prelim from here. If they miss on a couple of their top picks he might never play another final. Remembering that there are severely compromised (above the normally compromised) drafts coming up as well.
allen at 25 is waiting a seriously long time from here to play a final again

even some of the first rounders i'm not sure about - ginbey's a big lad but his disposal is very whelming to me, and I'm not sure Chesser's projecting as much more then a role player at this point either. the cupboard is bare.

allen at 25 is waiting a seriously long time from here to play a final again

They are in for a lot of pain yet... They kept players on two or three seasons too long and now have an older group who in some cases are still two to three seasons from moving on. Even if they hit every pick, development time will mean a slow improvement.

A free agent here or two may help speed that process, but they need to cut hard and trade hard and I am not sure they have the appetite for it after being bottom for so long.

They are in for a lot of pain yet... They kept players on two or three seasons too long and now have an older group who in some cases are still two to three seasons from moving on. Even if they hit every pick, development time will mean a slow improvement.

A free agent here or two may help speed that process, but they need to cut hard and trade hard and I am not sure they have the appetite for it after being bottom for so long.
Episode 2 Whatever GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He him to AA for a club consolation prize. They are the types..
Not a fan of the club, or the player, but geez.

Give your club champion a nice break instead of playing in dead rubbers, get him fresh for next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back