Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the whole statment? Cold.

The West Coast Eagles and senior coach Adam Simpson have mutually agreed that his 11-year tenure at the club will come to an end.

Simpson, one of only six senior coaches in the 37-year history of the club and one of only three to lead the club to premiership glory, achieved the ultimate success in 2018 to join Michael Malthouse (1992, 1994) and John Worsfold (2006) in bringing the cup to WA

That the whole statment? Cold.

The West Coast Eagles and senior coach Adam Simpson have mutually agreed that his 11-year tenure at the club will come to an end.

Simpson, one of only six senior coaches in the 37-year history of the club and one of only three to lead the club to premiership glory, achieved the ultimate success in 2018 to join Michael Malthouse (1992, 1994) and John Worsfold (2006) in bringing the cup to WA
Who is their primary assistant coach?

That's the whole statment? Cold.

Surely will be updated, and just released to keep up with the socials?

I'll give the Wet Toast some credit, it took them long enough but they actually made a decent move for once.

Only downside is this means they might actually start improving under a new coach, which means less enjoying them getting smashed every week.

Who is their primary assistant coach?
Line coaches are Luke Webster, Jarrad Schofield and Matt Knights, you’d think caretaker would be one of the latter two

Hopefully West Coast pound Brisbane this weekend, then St Kilda the week after in an emotional but ultimately hard slog of a game and have totally blown their wad before the derby the week after that.

Desperation from the players to retain their jobs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Schofield takes over as interim. Such a sook that guy. His press conferences will be fun.

Feel sorry for Simpson. I think the board stitched him up a bit. Should have at least let him finish the season to call things equal.

The media got what they wanted

Hopefully West Coast pound Brisbane this weekend, then St Kilda the week after in an emotional but ultimately hard slog of a game and have totally blown their wad before the derby the week after that.

Desperation from the players to retain their jobs.
Yeah I was worried we'd be in the firing line for the dead cat bounce

Whoever takes over is set up for failure and will be gone in 3 years time.

Their list hasn’t even bottomed out yet and they have 1 good young player.
I'd argue that Hewitt, Long, Ginbey and Reid will all be pretty handy, and Waterman and Allen aren't that old. But yes they have depth issues, particularly when McLovin, Barrass, Kelly and Yeo move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back