Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll give the Wet Toast some credit, it took them long enough but they actually made a decent move for once.

Only downside is this means they might actually start improving under a new coach, which means less enjoying them getting smashed every week.
Not if they take the rebuild seriously and get rid of all the 28+ plodders still getting games.

They might be more competitive for the rest of this season though.
I reckon Simmo would be relieved the torture is over.

Did he seriously think he could turn around the club from where they are at now.

The last 2 years have been like trying to climb mt everest with no hands or feet.
For $1m a year I reckon most would say whatever.

Anyone willing to risk a ban to post Sumich as a suggestion? Haha

Feel like Simmo coped the hit for the rest of the football department being a train crash.

Hopefully they don’t get the rest in order and can plummet into a Melbourne/North Melbourne style extended stint in the wilderness. Say 1-2 decades.

The inevertable, but gee there should be some others thet should be following him out the door.
The recruiters, after selling the farm for one player???The lack of decent young talent.
Many of the clubs senior players need to walk along side him as he walks out the door, or is pushed.
Surely the club at seasons end have a good clean out, mybe starting with the board etc.
The players need to be very quickly weeded out, those that gave nothing since the Hub on the GC.But not too quickly. I want to see them suffer intheir jocks for another ten years... at the very least.

Did anyone see the new WCE charity they are promoting on TV? Perfect way to circumvent the salary cap and use the cash surplus they have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpson goes but Jack Darling, Gaff and Cripps still have jobs.
Hilarious

there is a press conference at 12.30pm - wonder if there's somewhere to watch it live?
I feel for him - it's a ruthless industry and you can go from hero to zero in a heartbeat; but the writing was on the wall when they reverted back to mean after a few surprise good wins against us (gulp!) and the Dees. You just can't leave what's broken unfixed.....I'm just relived they didn't do it before the Derby as others have said, selfish vested interests and all dat.

Depends how settled he is here, but wouldn't be surprised to see him back at North in the near future...

Playing devils advocate for a second, while their list profile absolutely sucks in the next couple seasons, there’s a slim chance they could get a Craig McRae style bounce if they modernise their game plan

Playing devils advocate for a second, while their list profile absolutely sucks in the next couple seasons, there’s a slim chance they could get a Craig McRae style bounce if they modernise their game plan
There is, but I don't rate much of their younger talent beneath Reid and there's ABSOLUTELY no certainty Reid won't do a Horne-Francis Bacon and pork off. I mean, fork off..........you know what I mean.

Ginbey and Chesser look 'ok", but ok isn't nearly good enough in the long-term future, then once retirements and delistings occur, is their youth developing quickly enough or projecting to be good enough?! I don't know, I'd say the next drafts or however many before Tassie emerge are crucial for them now. Let's hope they blow it; it's been too much fun bar the one disaster earlier this year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back