Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

No matter who they get in to coach, I think a lot of media and Eagles nuffies overlook the glaring fact that bar a very few good young players and a couple of decent senior players, the rest of their list is real shithaus.

West Coast are in for a good period of propping up the AFL ladder and help teams boost their %.

I reckon their good record of coaching stability will go out the door and they’ll become the new 2000’s-2010’s Carlton…

The eagles are finally a basketcase, and it's absolutely delicious to watch. This is so good
About a year ago, Adam Simpson said he didn't want anyone feeling sorry for the Eagles. That has been my mantra any time they come up in conversation: I'm still not feeling sorry for them.

I know karma's a bitch and all that, but I'm still not feeling sorry for them, and enjoying the chaos. Give it a decade or two and I might start to feel some sympathy. Or start forgetting my own name. Could go either way really.

Sack the coach, call a press conference - actually hijack another of your press conferences - insist the coach attend his public execution, aka a press conference, then during said press conference, because you've been too lazy to address the question of a caretaker, ask him to coach again this weekend (as a sacked coach).

They really need to appoint some clueless buffoon to just absorb the pressure of the next 2-3 years. A patsy put there solely to tread water while the list managers try to rebuild the list from the ground up and develop a list that would appeal to an elite coach. Someone who's so desperate for the job and so stupid that they won't even mind being set up on a hiding to nothing.

Step up Suma. This is your moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back