Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Will they have a dead cat bounce in a couple of weeks time and knock us off?

**** I hope our boys are primed for that one. Losing once to west coast this year is unfortunate. Losing twice would be... Unforgivable
I reckon the boys would have really REALLY penciled this one in. A bit of a grudge match beckons, they wouldn't have been happy with THAT night. I'd be surprised if lightning struck twice. Things are a bit different now, dead cat bounce or not.

Of course, I could be wrong. I was last time. But I reckon they'll be ready

If Cox comes across from Sydney you would imagine he will be doing everything he can to bring Warner with him
Perhaps, but if Sydney don't win a flag this year that would be career suicide for Warner. Besides, he has 'those' mates at Freo, right at the moment the club is on the cusp....I guess we'll see, but it would be a HUGE mistake for Chad in my opinion

Will they have a dead cat bounce in a couple of weeks time and knock us off?

**** I hope our boys are primed for that one. Losing once to west coast this year is unfortunate. Losing twice would be... Unforgivable

I think it will be a bit of a vengeance game. The boys had a shocking attitude that night, and I reckon they will want to atone for that performance.

I suspect JL may send Fyfe to Reid at stoppages.

That clip sure looks like it's direct at Reid who had a massive shit eating grin on with Pearce looking straight back him. They are completely ****ed if that's legit what is happening in that clip.
That's exactly what happened.

And it's fantastic.

Do you think this guy would really reflect on his decisions in any self critical or empathetic sense?

View attachment 2013448

He’s too busy thinking he’s the smartest guy in the room and talking his clients into making an extra dollar to care about how their actual football careers are impacted IMO. He’s a snake and his biases against certain clubs and for chasing money and winning a deal on paper get passed onto his clients because he’s a sweet talker and has them thinking he’s in their corner and knows what’s best for them.

I was thinking the same thing about his clients the other day. Take a guy like Griffin Logue who was a loyal clubman who loved the dockers, from WA. Obviously gets a better offer but lots of players do and stay for loyalty and success - but he’s being pushed all the way to North by Young who wants another trade win and bonus and had Griff wrapped around his finger.

Then you have someone like Lobb (thank god he left though) being convinced the bulldogs of all teams were a good fit cos they came in with an extra year, since it’s all about winning the deal, not playing football. And pretty sure Lobb was just dumb enough to mouth his and Young’s private discussions about being ‘poorly coached’ at Freo etc to the public.
I had to talk about the underlined and bolded bits.

As for Griffin Logue. I look back at that situation, I really wished we gave him the original request at the end of 2021 and gave him a 2 year extension. That means he would of been out of contract in 2024 and would of been a free agent. Had that happened, I dont think he would of got the long term injuries he currently has at North Melbourne. Worst case scenario he would of been playing every 2nd game in the squad.

Probably would of been entrenched in the best 23 with Brennan cox out injured. Saying that, I dont think Draper and Davies would of played as many games in 2024.

As for Rory Lobb. He struck while the Iron is hot. When Lobb was traded at the end of 2022, he still had a year to go on his contract. Crazy that the dogs gave him a 4 year deal on decent coin. He turns 31 next season and still has 2 more years left once this season is done. Good on Rory Lobb for fishing for a las decent contract and the dogs bite the bait.

Had Rory Lobb stayed at freo for one more season, would any side given Lobb a 2 or even a 3 year extension with his age and out put? Unlikely.

That clip sure looks like it's direct at Reid who had a massive shit eating grin on with Pearce looking straight back him. They are completely ****ed if that's legit what is happening in that clip.
definitely said "you had your say" to him when walking past

The question is, was it
A) clipping Reid, saying he was part of the white anting

or

B) dry humour about how the media would be asking for Reid's say on everything

Body Language says A but can see a reasonable chance its B

just the smirk itself seemed disrespectful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

definitely said "you had your say" to him when walking past

The question is, was it
A) clipping Reid, saying he was part of the white anting

or

B) dry humour about how the media would be asking for Reid's say on everything

Body Language says A but can see a reasonable chance its B
Pretty sure the first word is You’ll.

Sounds like he says “You’ll have your say”
Maybe with the sacking? new coach? his opinion on Simpson?
🤷‍♂️

Has anybody spared a thought from poor Donny? (regular WCEs talkback caller on 6PR). ;)

Girl What GIF by Elnaz  Abbasi

He’s grinning like a cheshire cat at Simmo! Hardly the look you would expect from players knowing what is about to go down with their coach.

That little snot is not normal!
That look was the definition of smug. Wet Toast’s star rookie thinks he just got rid of a coach. Holy moly.
Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

I can see why Bailey Williams might feel hard done by but I'm pretty sure Harley was one of them.

I figured it out after remembering this quote from The West, "One of the messages was written by a senior star, the other two by younger players."

Screenshot_20240709_220533.jpg

I think I've got it.
Its like drink sizes that start at large, extra large then jumbo rather than SML.

Rookie: young gun
Regular player: star
Better than regular: gun
Best couple of players in your team: superstar
Best couple of players in the league: generational talent

Franchise player: superstar who is recognisable to lay folk and gets part of his salary through "approved" representational work. Such as representing the game or a cardboard factory.
Do you see it?
Three players mentioned, two referred to as younger players. Younger players, doesn't that strike you as odd? Almost purposely vague. Strike that, obviously purposely vague! And why would you need to be purposely vague? To protect the young prince himself.

This is similar to the note Hannibal writes in Buffalo bills file about the victims appearing to be "desperately" random. I imagine he would have thought the west were being desperately vague in reference to two younger players.
Screenshot_20240709_222728.jpg Screenshot_20240709_222537.jpg
And is that a tattoo of a moth? Spooky

Last edited:
I can see why Bailey Williams might feel hard done by but I'm pretty sure Harley was one of them.

I figured it out after remembering this quote from The West, "One of the messages was written by a senior star, the other two by younger players."

Do you see it?
Three players mentioned, two referred to as younger players. Younger players, doesn't that strike you as odd? Almost purposely vague. Strike that, obviously purposely vague! And why would you need to be purposely vague? To protect the young prince himself.
wow, when did that happen? I imagine soon after the accusation

Do you see it?
That smirk looked a lot like a signature with a flourish to me
#DumbSpeculation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back