Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs have done us a big favour two weeks on a row. Hopefully lose to the Swans next week to keep them out of the eight
They have Melbourne and Norf in marvel, plus Adelaide away and GWS in Ballarat.
Will win all 4 on current form. Thatā€™s 14 wins. Even if they only win 3 they have an excellent percentage so I reckon we can lock them into finals.
In fact, I would not rule them out v swans either.
I really hope we donā€™t run into them in finals. When on form they are a team we really struggle to match up against

Seriously impressive stuff by the dogs here. Even more so after backing up an equally massive win last week.
Iā€™ve got them winning their last 4 and making 14 wins.
We will need to win 4/6 to remain ahead of them
Win home games with one against GWS away or Essendon away.
If club is serious, Essendon at the MCG is a must win.

Changes to percentage are interesting at this stage of the year. I guess there's still some chance to bridge the gaps between sides over 1 round if there are wins/losses by over 50 points.

Hawthorn gained 4.7% with a 66 point win. Geelong dropped 3.8% with a 47 point loss. Port gained 2.6% with a 41 point win. Port were a game and 7.2% behind Geelong - now there's only 0.8% separating them.

Last edited:
More worried about tomorrow's game than bombers at the G

Me too. Melbourne looks to have found their mojo again. Iā€™m not sure about the quality of opposition theyā€™ve beaten but theyā€™re trending the right way.

So many teams playing good football at the moment. Itā€™s a raffle for the flag. I reckon Sydney has come back to the pack too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone questioning what Freo needs at this upcoming draft need only look at the impact of guys like Elliot and Stengle in this game and the ageing Michael Walters. What we need more than anything is the best clutch, gun, mercurial, untouchable goal-kicking small forward. All the other needs are down the list for me. This is an absolute.
Just described Shai Bolton

As much as I like watching the Dogs and the Hawks I hope they fall short of a spot in the eight.

Yep itā€™d be nice to play Essendon if we end up playing in an elimination final. Gold Coast as well if itā€™s in Perth.

Weā€™d have to be on our game against anyone else imo.

Tbh if Brisbane and us both win today itā€™s very hard to see the teams on 36 points making it - the teams just above them may have only won one extra game but their form is so much better. Todayā€™s results would basically mean thereā€™s two spots available unless someone really falls off a cliff (goes close to winless) for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back