Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

excited fingers crossed GIF

From the mob down the road.

It's disgusting how the Dockers gave away two first rounders for Luke Jackson only to get three picks in like the top 10 two years later while our bum asses have been sitting on the ass end of the ladder for three years and can only have a pick in the top 3 and not another pick until like the 30's the show for it #BackTheBoysIn #synergy
It's a fair complaint. They absolutely refuse to quietly let some guys move on. Everyone talks about and points to North about cutting too deep but their bigger problem was drafting and developing, not cutting / pushing players out IMO.

WC will go nowhere with how compromised the draft is if they continue to do nothing but basically take their natural picks to the draft

Thatā€™s an AFL coach ready resume for sure, donā€™t forget to get your level 1 up to scratch though. Youā€™d be great with the media too, which is probably the most important part of the jobā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..apparently.
Thanks for the endorsement, Stinky - I assume I can call you Stinky.

When I saw that the bloke who helps Fages pack the Subaru was being mentioned as a possible, I knew it was my time.

I am happy to pick blokes up if their mums can't get them there. I can manage the iPad and call changes as well, so we'll be all over the soft cap like Kerry on ketamine.

I have to give notice so Schoey is going to have to see out the season but he appears to have a nice handle on things.

It's a fair complaint. They absolutely refuse to quietly let some guys move on. Everyone talks about and points to North about cutting too deep but their bigger problem was drafting and developing, not cutting / pushing players out IMO.

WC will go nowhere with how compromised the draft is if they continue to do nothing but basically take their natural picks to the draft
The funny thing is that WC's problem is also their drafting and development. They have very few players that have come on in the last 9 years worth of drafts. Having just the 4-5 picks a year at a rate of 20% isn't going to improve them, it's glorious.

Iā€™ll fix that. Weā€™ll have to get rid of some ultra high-end talent in the short term but I think people will see the sense of trading Jack Darling, Dom Sheed and Andrew Gaff when we haul in those high draft picks.

If you blokes got 34 and a top ten for Lachlan Schultz, we are going to make out like bandits.

Would much rather the Eagles get a first timer as coach. Hinkley is a good coach let down by crap list management.

Their management has been hit and miss - but not as bad as up the road. They've looked to top up via trade more than other teams (Allir, Fantasia, Finlayson, Rioli, Ratugolea, Burton) and arguably that's been their main problem, but not surprising if they thought they were in their window

From the mob down the road.

It's disgusting how the Dockers gave away two first rounders for Luke Jackson only to get three picks in like the top 10 two years later while our bum asses have been sitting on the ass end of the ladder for three years and can only have a pick in the top 3 and not another pick until like the 30's the show for it #BackTheBoysIn #synergy

They traded with Port for a pick too, if they remember. It was how they let Port take Josh Sinn and let them luckily swoop on Chesser.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I hear correctly that part of the reason Dean Cox won't come back to WA is that his partner has started running a business over there, apparently she's got a Hungry Jack's franchise.

Please tell me that's true, the irony of their little HJs dealings working against them would be grand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back