Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Carr also ruled himself out of the Eagles job. Makes sense given Hinkley's days seem numbered over there

The funny thing is that WC's problem is also their drafting and development. They have very few players that have come on in the last 9 years worth of drafts. Having just the 4-5 picks a year at a rate of 20% isn't going to improve them, it's glorious.
At Optus on Sunday I could clearly hear the Wailing and Gnashing of teeth from over Lathlain way.
It's running 24/7 now that despair is taking hold .
Even wooden spooning for a decade may not be enough?
A little puzzle...
If you got a Harley Reid every year for ten years and each HR only stayed two years, how many Harley Reid's would you have in 2034?

Carlton just lost their main ruck for remainder of season

That will make things tougher for them

To be fair, Pittonett last year was part of the best clearance duo in the league. He's a very good ruckman.

Essendon a game and a half out side the top four, plus a very low %
does that keep them out of the top four?
Bulldogs and Hawks only half a game behind with better %, are they the one just keeping a seat wrm for one of those mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At Optus on Sunday I could clearly hear the Wailing and Gnashing of teeth from over Lathlain way.
A little puzzle...
If you got a Harley Reid every year for ten years and each HR only stayed two years, how many Harley Reid's would you have in 2034?
Too many HR

A little puzzle...
Bonus puzzle question:
If West Coast take the spoon for the next decade, and Tasmania join the comp in 2028, and North Melbourne need Priority Picks, will the next Harley Reid that West Coast are able to get access to be Harley Reid Jr under a father-son in about 2045?

Haha, Carr on Gossage.

However Carr believes there is little merit to the veteran reporter’s story.

“I think you’ve probably just got to look at the source first. Think it was Gossage, wasn’t it? It’s never that reliable, is it?” Carr said.

Hinkley is actually the perfect candidate, we all know it’s a poison chalice so he may as well take a retirement fund, ride out the losses, and instill whatever it is port have (downhill skiing) into the WC team then make way for an up and coming senior assistant at the end of 2028, they couldn’t possibly hate him as much as Port fans do.

well before we wish the West coast a decade of obscrurity

Lets make sure we beat them this week. and not fall over our selves like we did in the last Derby

Then i personally hope they rise back and let Collingwood/ Essondon / Carlton move down the bottom I dont like those three.

well before we wish the West coast a decade of obscrurity

Lets make sure we beat them this week. and not fall over our selves like we did in the last Derby

Then i personally hope they rise back and let Collingwood/ Essondon / Carlton move down the bottom I dont like those three.
Agreed. I'm not saying a bad word about them until the game is over. Then it's on like Donkey Kong.

From the mob down the road.

It's disgusting how the Dockers gave away two first rounders for Luke Jackson only to get three picks in like the top 10 two years later while our bum asses have been sitting on the ass end of the ladder for three years and can only have a pick in the top 3 and not another pick until like the 30's the show for it #BackTheBoysIn #synergy

Forget us for a bit.

It’s actually a ****ing joke West Coast can finish last in an 18 team competition and not get their natural second round pick until pick 30. That’s 11 spots later than it should be.

Honestly hope they get it fixed for the 2027 AFL Draft (which will be ****ed by Tasmania anyway). Then it’s fixed for us by the time we’re sh**e again.

Josh Carr also ruled himself out of the Eagles job. Makes sense given Hinkley's days seem numbered over there

Probably close to their most hated Freo player in history - Fyfe would give him solid competition for some reason nobody would understand. Ballantyne and Crowley too but the reason is actually understandable.

Would be kind of funny watching them all change their minds about him overnight like the bunch of hypocrites we all know they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back