Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Carr on rumours West Coast are going after Hinkley:

“I think you’ve probably just got to look at the source first. Think it was Gossage, wasn’t it? It’s never that reliable, is it?” Carr said.

I can just hear the applause and cheering, But Razor Ray Chamberlain has decided to take the pea out of his whistle and retire at seasons end.
May disliked him, maybe most, but I always found him to be one of the best whistle blowers in the game.
Always chatty explaining his decisions and almost demanding respect from the player, and in return, always respecting the players.
Yeah I yelled and screamed at him,but when I watched him umpiring games that had no football interest to me, he was almost all the time spot on. But then again, unlike some umpires, he didn't have a vendetta against the Dockers.
We done Razor.

Last edited:
I can just hear the applause and cheering, But Razor Ray Chamberlain has decided to take the pea out of his whiste, and retire at seasons end.
May disliked him, maybe most, but I always fouund him to be one of the best whistle blowers in the game.
Always chatty explaining his decisions and almost demanding respect from the player, and in return, always respecting the players.
Yeah I yelled and screamed at him,but when I watched him umpiring games that had on football interest to me, he was almost all the time spot on. But then again, unlike some umpires, he didn't has a vendetta against the Dockers.
We done Razor.
Didn't mind Razor as an umpire.

He and David Rodan seem to be the only umpires that show their personality.

I suspect the rest are actually robot clones produced in an AFL secret lab!

Didn't mind Razor as an umpire.

He and David Rodan seem to be the only umpires that show their personality.

I suspect the rest are actually robot clones produced in an AFL secret lab!
I have a great deal of respect for Brett Rosebury. A West Aussie that took the plunge to go to Melbourne to pursue his career.He has been the best in the AFL for many years.And he has some personality on field.Always with a smile on his face.

We picked up Josh Treacy with pick 743 in 2020.

What ever were they doing over there - pissing their own bathwater into each other's mouths while fondling statues of Woosha? Counting money?
Weren’t Simo, Ryan and Willie Rioli busy doing tours with the premiership cup. Biggest case of Premiership hangover ever. Series of terrible decisions post 2018 cup.

Even when you consider our heavy trade cost for Jackson we retained a second round draft pick (Hugh Davies) and drafted a promising ruckman with an early third round pick. We also managed to have a couple of late second round picks in 2023.

West coast just chucked the baby out with bathwater for Tim Kelly and had nothing to show for two draft periods and this after a sustained period at the top end of the ladder where you get no early draft picks.

Our biggest error was not holding onto the draft picks from Neale Trade. Also lost too many players post 2022 trade period. Acres I feel the one that hurt most - especially during season 2023. Meek and Tucker needed to go ply their trade elsewhere a bit like Brodie needs to do this year.

Also lost too many players post 2022 trade period. Acres I feel the one that hurt most - especially during season 2023. Meek and Tucker needed to go ply their trade elsewhere a bit like Brodie needs to do this year.
And Logue? I feel we lost an athlete, a defender, a swingman and a clubman when he left. Saved some dollars though.

The bit where Freo provided Lathlain some sort of assistance is somewhat troubling.

In terms of realism they providing us any favours getting Warner is perhaps more concerning.

A lot of these three way trades end up being two two team trades. There’s probably one or two three or four team trades each year tbh yet people seem to suggest them every two minutes on trade threads.

I thought Koltyn Tholstrup was subbed off against us because he was awful. Which he was. But the AFL website says he has concussion. Did not see the incident. I noticed he was trying to tough-guy Darcy I think it was. Did our Hodor accidently fall on him or something?
Maybe Alex dinged him with his arm guard,when he was trying to be big man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Logue? I feel we lost an athlete, a defender, a swingman and a clubman when he left. Saved some dollars though.
Would be handy right now. In saying that Draper has been good. Hugh Davies and Ollie Murphy in the background.

Hamling couldn’t get a game last year and that was with Logue out. Logue is not a forward let’s be honest. That pick we got was traded on with our pick around 32 for Port Adelaide’s 2024 first.

If Cox or Pearce couldn’t play regularly last year then sure but they did and allowed a year of development for Draper/Davies.

So no I don’t think Logue has been that big a loss. Nor was Lobb who we upgraded significantly for Jackson.

We have lost too many wingers over the years. Langdon > Acres > Henry

We brought in Sharp for nothing but retaining Acres would have been better.

Would be handy right now. In saying that Draper has been good. Hugh Davies and Ollie Murphy in the background.

Hamling couldn’t get a game last year and that was with Logue out. Logue is not a forward let’s be honest. That pick we got was traded on with our pick around 32 for Port Adelaide’s 2024 first.

If Cox or Pearce couldn’t play regularly last year then sure but they did and allowed a year of development for Draper/Davies.

So no I don’t think Logue has been that big a loss. Nor was Lobb who we upgraded significantly for Jackson.

We have lost too many wingers over the years. Langdon > Acres > Henry

We brought in Sharp for nothing but retaining Acres would have been better.
I think Sharp fits the team dynamics really well, and maybe rumours about Acres "upsetting the younger players" had some truth to it?

I thought Koltyn Tholstrup was subbed off against us because he was awful. Which he was. But the AFL website says he has concussion. Did not see the incident. I noticed he was trying to tough-guy Darcy I think it was. Did our Hodor accidently fall on him or something?
I think Darce accidentally clipped him about the head when he took a mark, maybe in the 4th?! I'm not sure if that incident lead to his concussion, as it looked innocuous - perhaps it derived from something else?!?!

Who will accept the poisoned chalice at West Coast?

No-one new if Ginbey has his way.

“You don’t want a new coach... I think we need a bit of experience there, still,” Ginbey said on SEN.
“Experience is what will help lead our young group.

😬

The tail is wagging the dog.

This took way too much effort

bradbury.jpg

I think Darce accidentally clipped him about the head when he took a mark, maybe in the 4th?! I'm not sure if that incident lead to his concussion, as it looked innocuous - perhaps it derived from something else?!?!
Wasn't Tholstrup,but the red headed player.

Last edited:
Josh Carr on rumours West Coast are going after Hinkley:

“I think you’ve probably just got to look at the source first. Think it was Gossage, wasn’t it? It’s never that reliable, is it?” Carr said.

It really is a special level of achievement, isn’t it? - where by the mere act of reporting something; the opposite is widely and instantly assumed to be the case.

It takes years and years of dedicated shitbaggery to build that sort of reputation. Kudos to you Gossage (and you, Sumich).

Me too, and from his reaction on the bench he looked really pissed off to be subbed. Not the reaction I would expect from someone concussed.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

with the trade back they did, this is the list of players they could've secured over Chesser

Sinn, Hobbs (who Cal Twomey thought they were into), Aleer, Wilmot, Tom Brown, Sheldrick, JVR, Lohmann and MJ. I would take all of them without thinking over Chesser. Twomey thought he was going to go 24 in his final mock. Incredible stuff honestly

who do they even have that has trade value at this point? barrass, waterman and allen might just about be it for those that aren't part of the young guys they have.

can't imagine you're getting particularly much for the liam ryans of the world at this point

View attachment 2056287
There’s a hell of a lot of rubbish on that list that needs to go.

Gaff, jones, Rotham Cole, Sheed, Witherden and Darling all need to be punted this year, 50/50 on Vaseline and Cripps.

Keep Yeo, McGovern and Kelly until they break

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back