Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just thinking that an Oscar McDonald would’ve been a perfect fit for a team who should’ve let Barrass go last year for a kings ransom.

That’s a shame…

West Coast 2019-2022 National drafts
2019 two late picks at 49 (Jamieson) and 58 (Ben Johnson)

2020 two late picks at 52 (Luke Edwards) and 57 (Winder)

2021 Pick 12 (Sinn) > 2022 Pick 14 (Chesser) & 2022 Pick 29 (Coby Burgiel)
(Also available at pick 12: Hobbs, Wilmot, JVR, Lohman, Johnson)

2022 Pick 3 (Sheezel) > 2022 Pick 9 (Ginbey) & 2022 Pick 14 (Hewett)
I reakon they will be regretting letting Winder go now.
They obviously have serious development issues that they couldn’t get the best out of Winder.

Just watched “I was actually there” on the ABC.

show on the day Nicky Winmar pointed to his skin. Emotionally moving show from all the different perspectives.
Good stuff
And featuring Marlene, the most loveable Collingwood supporter of all time.

Was just thinking that an Oscar McDonald would’ve been a perfect fit for a team who should’ve let Barrass go last year for a kings ransom.

That’s a shame…
So they give us a Jack's ransom for McDonald after they get rid of barass?
(Note: never play cards with a feminist as they will argue that Queens should outrank Kings - joke)

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Felt bad for the kid

Gets to play in WA maybe twice a year and gets benched for trying to be a tough guy to Pearce , good lesson in respect.

Got caught out a few times as well .
Live’n’learn

Would be handy right now. In saying that Draper has been good. Hugh Davies and Ollie Murphy in the background.

Hamling couldn’t get a game last year and that was with Logue out. Logue is not a forward let’s be honest. That pick we got was traded on with our pick around 32 for Port Adelaide’s 2024 first.

If Cox or Pearce couldn’t play regularly last year then sure but they did and allowed a year of development for Draper/Davies.

So no I don’t think Logue has been that big a loss. Nor was Lobb who we upgraded significantly for Jackson.

We have lost too many wingers over the years. Langdon > Acres > Henry

We brought in Sharp for nothing but retaining Acres would have been better.
According to someone on here, in this post, he was not liked by the younger ones of the group.
I don't think we have missed not having any of the three mentioned. I prefer Sharp to any of them. And remember Langdon wanted out because of an issue with another player.
Not missed Henry one bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tholstrup having a tanty on the bench wasn’t a good look.
Felt bad for the kid

Gets to play in WA maybe twice a year and gets benched for trying to be a tough guy to Pearce , good lesson in respect.

Got caught out a few times as well .
Live’n’learn

I was just in it. I can't tell what's funnier - the deluded saps who still think they have the run of the place or the poor sad souls who wander in and sadly say "The rebuild hasn't even started yet."

I reckon losing to them in the first derby is the best thing we could have done. It blew on the fading embers of delusion. "There's life in Yeo and McGovern yet! Yes, yes, a couple of drafts and we're competing again."

I was just in it. I can't tell what's funnier - the deluded saps who still think they have the run of the place or the poor sad souls who wander in and sadly say "The rebuild hasn't even started yet."

I reckon losing to them in the first derby is the best thing we could have done. It blew on the fading embers of delusion. "There's life in Yeo and McGovern yet! Yes, yes, a couple of drafts and we're competing again."
This stuff cracks me up, and frustrates me no end.

I work with Eagles supporters and TBF some of them are able to have a laugh at their own expense and at the situation they currently find themselves in. I like talking to these guys, they're fun.

But it's the, as you say, deluded ones that bother the snot outta me. I can't tell if they're blind, ignorant or just have no idea how modern football works. These, are the people who believe that just because the team has been able to turn around reasonable quickly before they should just be able to do it again as if it just happens by itself.

And I'm convinced that they are dumbfounded by the fact that they got the number 1 pick in the draft last year and still aren't winning games as if that was the missing piece of the puzzle the last couple of years.

They really have had it so good for so long - mainly on the back of priority picks, I hasten to add - that they started to think it was just their natural right and due. The mug punters can believe that sort of thing - it is, after all, what officially makes them the Worst Supporter Group in the Country. But it looks like the clowns at HQ started thinking they could just phone it in too.

There's a story going around about a pitch West Coast made to Liam Baker at the end of 2022. Simmo showed him the plans and where he saw Baker fitting into those plans. Baker apparently listened to it all and then said to his manager words to the effect of "These blokes still think it's 2018."

It really is the mother of all premiership hangovers. It pickled them in aspic.

What I am really enjoying at the moment is all of these coaches and players they've got they're eyes on (and I'm sure they believe these coaches and players will happily come and join them) turning their back on them.

It's as if the Tim Kelly move has woken the whole league up to how much of a basket case the club is, that they can't just plug and play a new coach and a star recruit and instantly turn everything around.

They will eventually figure out that success isn't just a given right and that they have to work at it to make it happen just like we and so many other clubs have had to do over the last 30 years, that it isn't as easy as it has been. But I don't think they'll figure that out for at least another 3 years.

The Eagles may have had more success over that last 30 plus years with a pretty easy path, but our struggle has made us stronger and our failures have made us wiser. We've done all the hard yards and earned our future successes (and we are about to have a lot of them in the next 10 years), they are about to go through what we have been through the last 29 years, hit's and misses, struggles and failures to launch.

I know what position I'd rather be in at this point in time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back