Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?
FB - Barrass 28 & looks disinterested
HB - McGovern 32 & nearly cooked
Ruck - No
Centre - Kelly or HR - Old or Too Young
CHF - Waterman 26 1/2 a season going ok with no other key forward. One hit wonder atm at his age.
FF - Allen - 25. Good prospect but injured, a lot.

Their spine is still better than the rest of the team but everything needs replacing before they will challenge. Allen will be 30 before their midfield is sorted at the current rate.

Exactly what I was alluding too.

Barrass - pretty good, but form has been patchy (disinterested, you may be right).

McGovern - has been very good, but can his body keep it up ?.

Centre = hit and miss.

Forward spine, (two) is ok, but needs strong reinforcement.

Overall, where is the next crop of reinforcements ?.

always a little surpsised how much time Fremantle fans spend discussing other teams especially the Eagles

I guess those who do are big time AFL fans and love the sport and know it well

ME . i dont even know all the names on the Fremantle list

But hey go Freo !

always a little surpsised how much time Fremantle fans spend discussing other teams especially the Eagles

But hey go Freo !
do you yell out, "come on number 9"? lol

Exactly what I was alluding too.

Barrass - pretty good, but form has been patchy (disinterested, you may be right).

McGovern - has been very good, but can his body keep it up ?.

Centre = hit and miss.

Forward spine, (two) is ok, but needs strong reinforcement.

Overall, where is the next crop of reinforcements ?.

I’ve heard Noah Long is the next Zak Butters and that Jack Williams is the next Tom Hawkins…

In all seriousness I think Ginbey and Hewitt will go alright and Hough is the sort of medium defender you barely notice (in a good way). Outside of Reid, I haven’t seen too much to be excited about from their other youngsters tbh. Just a bunch of role players at best.

sometiomes lol

but as i only watch on TV the commentors let me know who is who

i remember the good old days buying the RECORD at games to know whos who and even writng scores in there lol
the old guy next to me still does that - I've tried to show him how he can just look it up on his phone :)

I saw someone else post this from a Twitter/X post; genuinely thought it was a wind up or a "lol' thing. Surely it's not a serious consideration...?!?!

To be fair, her previous coach while playing for the Diamonds, Lisa Alexander, applied for the Roos coaching job Caitlin probably got the idea of a high performance coach switching codes.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn't mind Razor as an umpire.

He and David Rodan seem to be the only umpires that show their personality.

I suspect the rest are actually robot clones produced in an AFL secret lab!

C’mon Margetts showed his personality…. it’s just that he had the personality of a f***ing arrogant cheating dickhead

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve heard Noah Long is the next Zak Butters and that Jack Williams is the next Tom Hawkins…

In all seriousness I think Ginbey and Hewitt will go alright and Hough is the sort of medium defender you barely notice (in a good way). Outside of Reid, I haven’t seen too much to be excited about from their other youngsters tbh. Just a bunch of role players at best.

IMO Ginbey is also in the role player at best category. It's ****ing dire for the Eagles, their best prospect outside of Reid is Hewitt who has had serious foot issues this early. If he can get fit he's A-grade potential but then I don't see any of their other young players getting close to that.

IMO Ginbey is also in the role player at best category. It's ****ing dire for the Eagles, their best prospect outside of Reid is Hewitt who has had serious foot issues this early. If he can get fit he's A-grade potential but then I don't see any of their other young players getting close to that.

Noah Long is a great little player, kinda a faster Baker type. Ginbey cannot kick that well, so that limits him.

hewett is good enough, that’s certain imo. Depends whether his body holds up. Missing a whole year to a foot isn’t great.

But hey go Freo !
I can't stand to watch the WC play, even in Derbys. I have an inherent aversion to their colours.

There is so much hype around them over here though, you still get incidental exposure to them even if actively trying to avoid it.

But yes, agree, discussing them on here is a no go for me

How much is Barrass on..?! Wasn't it Sydney that allegedly were interesting or maybe even in negotiations with management of his last off-season..?!?! I can conceivably see a world where Barrass asks for a trade or they offer him out, I wonder if Sydney would like to add him to their defense stocks, especially if they CAN'T win a Granny this year....?!

Hmmmmm.......

But hey go Freo !

They are our biggest and only real rival, it makes sense that fans talk about them and hope more than any other club that they fail.

Read the headline, thought Toby.

Would never have known it wasn't if you didn't bring Tom to my attention.
Toby would never criticise the Tribunal, he enjoys the pleasure of their company several times a year.

The AFL really is Orwellian at times. Tom's comments were similar to those made recently by a number of knowledgeable observers of the game. He didn't accuse them of corruption or wrongdoing, merely muddle-headedness.

Toby would never criticise the Tribunal, he enjoys the pleasure of their company several times a year.

The AFL really is Orwellian at times. Tom's comments were similar to those made recently by a number of knowledgeable observers of the game. He didn't accuse them of corruption or wrongdoing, merely muddle-headedness.
Yeah I thought the same thing too, I mean I can read between the lines and guess what he probably wanted to say, but he chose his words wisely and the AFL was straight onto him.

It really does feel like they are sending a "just shut up and smile" message out there to the players and coaches, and don't you even dare consider bring any decisions made by the rule makers and adjudicators into question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back