Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

also Fagan and Clarkson will face the tribunal this Friday on racism claims - will this have any impact on Brisbane?
I thought I'd read that they weren't going tor be be named in the report, it was just going to be Hawthorn FC.
difficult to ignore though - you are correct, they aren't.

I dare say there will be a lot of "the person in question"/read between the lines kind of stuff going on in the inquiry.

Which favourable results are Fremantle going to get this weekend for our ladder position by the end of the round.

1. Suns to beat the Lions? 2. Port to beat Carlton? 3. North to beat Geelong? 4. Melbourne to beat GWS? 5. St Kilda to beat Essendon

I'm picking 1 and 3.

Which favourable results are Fremantle going to get this weekend for our ladder position by the end of the round.

1. Suns to beat the Lions? 2. Port to beat Carlton? 3. North to beat Geelong? 4. Melbourne to beat GWS? 5. St Kilda to beat Essendon

I'm picking 1 and 3.
I think the Lions will hit top form so 1 maybe due to GCS home ground wizardy
Carlton will crush Port , they did will in gather round and have improved
Geelong under chriss scott wont allow a loss to North
Melb GWS is interesting but i think GWS play similar to Freo so should easily win
Essondon are very very shaky but again Ross just isnt getting best out of team so Bombers to win

So basically Fremantle must win win win. NEver trust others to make it easier for ourselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Lions will hit top form so 1 maybe due to GCS home ground wizardy
Carlton will crush Port , they did will in gather round and have improved
Geelong under chriss scott wont allow a loss to North
Melb GWS is interesting but i think GWS play similar to Freo so should easily win
Essondon are very very shaky but again Ross just isnt getting best out of team so Bombers to win

So basically Fremantle must win win win. NEver trust others to make it easier for ourselves
Correct. I do think that GCS are a good chance to beat Brisbane. Harris Andrews is out and big Witts is back for GCS. Plus they haven’t lost a game at home as yet. Port and Carlton line ball. I’d rather Carlton win for our death ride first round pick. The consolation prize if Port do win is handy though.

Lots of nervous Lions fans about this week. Andrews is a big out, they're undersized and even talking about trying Hipwood in defence.

Mind you, are Gold Coast broken? Definitely at the last chance saloon but we've seen how quickly their heads drop. Not exactly the most mentally resilient squad...can't exactly trust them.

Correct. I do think that GCS are a good chance to beat Brisbane. Harris Andrews is out and big Witts is back for GCS. Plus they haven’t lost a game at home as yet. Port and Carlton line ball. I’d rather Carlton win for our death ride first round pick. The consolation prize if Port do win is handy though.
Not sure if Witts is back or not. He's been named on the extended bench with Moyle named on field.

If he is back though that's huge for the Suns. They are a much better team with Witts in the centre.

Bit bizarre it seems an open secret that Houston, who has a contract for three years, is all but going to Melbourne...

I also find it unbelievably stupid Melbourne are chasing them. If they think they can top up and go for a flag, they could hit a hole that makes the years before their flag look like a divet.

Yup, that's why we need to have some sustained, successful years. So they really don't have a leg to stand on when they are trying to compare their successes to ours.

A back to back premiership would go a long way shutting them down. A 3peat would be a nail in the coffin.
I’ll take one to kick things off
That’ll do thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back